Chapter 4

We pull up to the meet, I kiss my sisters on the cheek and head down to find my team. I look up at the stands and see someone I recognized, but not friends or family. It was Wyatt! Coach said "Smith? Are you good to go?" I nodded and went to the start. I looked over the course it was about 2 miles, no problem I can beat it in 7 minutes. The gun fired and I was off. I didn't look back and kept a steady pace a few people were neck in neck with me but once I saw the mile and a half marker I sprinted I got back before anyone else. This was an easy race. A few of the opponents team members crossed before the rest of my team did but I was fast enough to win it for us. When the officials judge the score I got really nervous. "Ant third place goes to Cherriville High, second place to Oceanside and your over all winner thanks to Miss Charity Smith, is East High!" I am in shock until my coach comes over and hugs me with the rest of the team. "We did it, we won State!" I yelled. I looked up at the stands and saw Wyatt smiling. Wait what smiling that can't be right. I ran through the stands to my family. My dad and mom hugged me while my sisters were showing me the videos and pictures they took. 

A/N I know this was a shorter chapter but I was going for a wholesome feel. And yes Wyatt was at the meet but how did he know where it was and why was he smiling at Charity... CLIFFHANGER!!!