Chapter 2

I ran back to the cheer room and saw practice was over. "Nice work while I was gone ladies, I expect everyone to meet me here an hour before school to go over stunts on Monday." I hugged Hailey and said "I love you, thanks for covering" Hailey laughed and said "Love you too sister from another mister and it was my pleasure to cover." I ran to the track and got my running shoes on and warmed up with my team. We ran 2 miles and I was the first one done. Coach yelled "Take a break Smith." I ran to the water station and grabbed some water. Once practice was over I went to my car and started the engine. I drove over to the middle school right across the street where my two sister were waiting for me, every Friday it's my day to pick the girls up after they finish swim practice. The girls hop in the back and grabbed my AUX cord and blasted our favorite artists like Nicki Minaj and Little Mix as well as Ariana Grande. We got home and I grabbed my bags out of the trunk as Charlotte and Cassidy ran into the house. I open the front door and put my cheer and track bag on the hook by the door I trod upstairs to my room and close the door. I put my backpack down on my bed and go to my bathroom. I turned on my shower and hopped in. 15 minutes later I was dressed in jeans and a white blouse. I slipped on my white Vans. I trod downstairs and grab the keys to the family car. I shout out "Are we ready to go?" My mom, dad, and two sisters gathered by the front door I toss the keys to my dad and shout "I call window seat." My two sister laughed and scrambled into the window seats. I crawl into the dreaded middle seat. After we decide to go to 71Above we drive there, it takes about 20 minutes. When we get there I order "Can I get the steak tartare, young chicken, and the cheese platter please, for all of us." The waiter nodded. With in 30 minutes first course came and after about 2 hours we leave the restaurant. "I want the AUX cord Mama." Charlotte yelled. "Charlie no means no, as soon as we get home you will give me your phone for the rest of the day." Charlie whined "Fine Mom!" We pull into the garage and Charlotte handed her phone to Mom. I go back upstairs and pull out my math assignment and a pencil. I worked on the two problems for about 30 minutes and then I realized today was report card day. I ran downstairs and reminded Mom and Dad. They pull out the report cards. Since I'm the oldest they open mine first. Mom says "Wow an A+ in Calculus, A+ in AP English, A+ in AP Biology, and A+ in AP United States History." Dad pipped up "Straight A's again!" Next they open Cassidy's "A in honors English, A in Algebra 1, A in Earth Science and B+ in Civics. Great job sweetie" Dad coos. Finally Charlotte's is open "A in honors English, A in Algebra 1, A in Earth Science and B- in Civics" Mom reports. Dad states "After those amazing grade reports everyone get ice cream!" We all cheer.  Dad goes to tuck the twins into bed while I cleaned up the kitchen with Mom. "So Cherry, how was school?" Mom asked. "Oh classes went great, but during cheer practice I got called up to the front to lead a new kid around, his name is Wyatt. He was really cold towards me. But track I was first again we are so gonna win the meet tomorrow!" Mom gave me a hug and said "Just forget about what Wyatt did to you." I nodded and said "Can I go out with Hailey just for an hour?" Mom looked at the clock and said "Be home by 10:30." I nodded and ran to grab a sweater. I grabbed my keys and picked up Hailey." She hopped in the passenger seat and said "Let's go to the mall" I laugh and drive us there. We shop until 10 and then I said "I need to be home by 10:30 so I'll drop you off." She gave me the okay. I dropped her off at 10:05 and 2 minutes later I was home. I put the keys by the door and go into the living room. I lay down on the couch using my dad's lap as a pillow. He looked down but continued to read his book. After 20 minutes I get up and go to my room. By 11 pm I was in bed asleep.