xx. love is patient

A/N: HI SORRY IVE BEEN INACTIVE I'VE BEEN BUSY IN SCHOOL HERES AN UPDATE

-

"What do you mean 'another shot'?!" Yuna practically shouts right into her ear.

Chaeryeong grimaces and moves a few inches away from her in the king-size bed. She's been sleeping over since the party on Friday and it's now Sunday morning.

Well, Sunday lunch time because Yuna's little siblings know not to interrupt her beauty rest.

"And all this happened at the party and you're only telling me now?!" Yuna adds, volume still in way too good health.

"I'm sorry!" Chaeryeong says, turning Yuna's face away from hers to redirect the screams somewhere else. "I just didn't know what to think of it so I didn't want to say anything."

"Stop pushing me, hoe, let me talk!" Chaeryeong laughs at that and arches a brow, doubtful Yuna will stick to just talking. "So are you guys dating now? What is this 'shot' supposed to be?"

"I don't know, Yuna." Chaeryeong sighs. "We like, made out for a bit after that conversation, and it was good, you know? But then she got up to go to the bathroom and while she was gone we had to leave so I just sent her a text to say bye and she didn't reply." She looks at the ceiling, trying to find strength within her not to feel sad. "And she hasn't texted or called or done anything at all since that night. I have no idea what she's thinking."

"Is it possible she didn't get the text?"

Chaeryeong grabs her phone from the bedside table and shows Yuna the 'read' sign on her last text to Ryujin.

"Damn, and it was a cute text too!" Yuna scoffs, offended as if it had happened to her personally. "I'm gonna kill her in practice tomorrow."

"No, Yuna, enough of that." Yuna glares at her, but Chaeryeong ignores it. "Maybe she was high when she saw the text and doesn't remember seeing it, so she thinks I'm the one who's at fault," she offers, half-heartedly. "Or maybe she regrets that conversation. I really don't know."

"I mean, no offense, but going from mortal enemies, to mortal enemies who have sex, to mortal enemies who don't talk to each other, to friends on very shaky ground to girlfriends is kind of a big jump of faith," Yuna says, stroking Chaeryeong's shoulder in a comforting gesture. "Maybe you just need tomorrow at school to clarify the pace and you guys will be okay again."

"I'm not even sure she meant dating?" Chaeryeong twists around to hide her face in the pillow. "It's all so unclear and now she's not even talking to me so remind me not to take not-sober people at face value."

"You said she mentioned the Winter Ball?"

"Yes, but not in a 'let's go together' way. We just talked about it as... a topic, I guess."

"You could ask her to the ball, no?"

"I don't want to. The time isn't right." Chaeryeong sits up in the bed, moving so her feet hit the floor and her back is to Yuna. "We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Now call Lia and tell her we'll be late for the study group session at her house."

"I don't get why there's a week left 'til Xmas break and you wanna be having study group sessions, but sure, Ms. Overachiever."

Chaeryeong just shows her the middle finger before she disappears into the bathroom.

"Chaeryeong?"

She turns to see Ryujin walking towards her, freshly showered after soccer practice. "Hey." She feels herself blushing, and fixes her hair behind her ears to disguise it somehow.