•Sudden change•

'How good can it be, that our children, the off springs of us, will be best of friends?' He tried to reason.

The older man hummed as he was thought.

'How old is your child?' The older man asked.

'They're 16' He replied.

'Then they will be excellent friends! They're the same age as my insane son' The older man cheerfully exclaimed.

[also this is about a week after their first day of school]
________

Professor Membrane went home that evening excited, he couldn't wait to tell the news to his insane teenaged son. This will be good for the business, The [last name] company and Membrane labs, working together as well as their children. The main reason why he agreed was so that his son could have a friend, and maybe stop with his obsession with ghosts and aliens.

Parking his car, He walked into his new house with a smile on his face, it's been a week since they moved and he's already getting used to calling this house 'home'.

"Hey Dad" His youngest greeted him.

Professor membrane hummed a greet back. "Now, where is your brother? Is he home?" He asked as he looked up the stairs, where his childrens new rooms was.

Without taking her eyes off the screen Gaz replied. "Of course he is, after being in the woods all evening" She rolled her eyes, mumbling the part about the woods.

Professor Membrane nodded as he turned to the stairs, about to go to his son, Gaz paused her game.

"Hey dad?" She asked.

"Yes, Gazlene?"

"Can we, go to a pizza restaurant? There's this place called 'Mcdonald's' After? " She asked, expecting to be told 'no'.

Professor membrane hesitated, looking in Gazs hopeful eyes, he knows whenever Gaz opens her eyes, it was serious.

"..."

"If you're too tired we-"

"No no, We can go, how about in a few minutes after I talk to your brother?" He smiled under his lab coat (yk that thing that covers his face).

Gaz smiled back as she relaxed back on the couch. "Yeah, okay". She was happy, she just hopes Dib doesn't ruin it, She means, Dib has gotten a little..moody since they moved, switching between angry and happiness. This place was really great.

Professor Membrane continued to his sons bedroom, a smile on his face, Gaz never smiled, this must be the happiest he ever seen her in a few years, this was a great choice for his family.

Stopping in front of his sons bedroom door, he can hear the faint clinking sounds of a keyboard. Knocking on the door the sounds immediately stopped.

"Son? May I come in?" He asked, waiting for a reply.

Then he heard shuffling and quick footsteps.

"Hey dad.." Dib said as he opened the door, moving aside so his dad could come in.

Professor Membrane nodded, as a smile and his face returned.

"I have two exciting news!" He exclaimed.

Dib rose his eyebrow in suspicion, another exciting news?

"Really? What is it?" He asked curiously.

"One, We're going to a fast food restaurant, to celebrate" Professor Membrane said, also taking note of Dibs space themed pyjamas. "You might want to get dressed before we leave though".

Dib nodded, "How about the other 'good' news?"

Professor Membrane thought. "I will tell you once we're at McDonald's, it is very important" It was weird to say a new restaurant name other than Bloatys.

Dib nodded again, not knowing what to reply with. "I'll get ready then", and with that Professor Membrane left.

__________

"Y/n, we must speak to you" Your mother commanded as she and your father walked in your room.

You sighed, placing down your pencil as you turn to your parents.

"Studying I see, as you should, Good child" Your father 'complimented' you.

You nodded, a bit irritated.

"What do you want us to speak about?" You asked, standing up.

"Well, we have made a 'deal' with a company called 'Membrane Labs'"

Your eyebrow rose in interest, you  were interested instantly.

"Heard about it?" Your mother asked, a smile on her face.

You nodded.

"This just got easier then" your father said.

"Membrane Labs and our company decided that you and Membranes son will be friends."

_________

"The [Last name] company and I, decided that you, and their child, will be friends"

Dib choked on his drink.
[pepsi^]

Sputtering out an answer he surprisingly shouted "W-what?!"
_________

"B-but you said-!" You exclaimed.

"Don't raise your voice at your father!" Your mother shouted, "Yes it is shocking but be happy that we allowed you two to be friends, don't mess it up" Your mother warned.

"Anyways, that is the news, and you two will be 'hanging' out tomorrow, don't stay up too late studying" Your father said before leaving your room.

"Dinner will be done soon" Your mother followed behind him, closing your door behind her.

You stood there in shock, an unfamiliar feeling growing in your stomach. Is this...excitement?

No, this must be some kind of illness.

(or that you're parents allowed you to have a friend.)

You only talked to Dib once.

________

Okay this was originally suppose to be the first chapter but I had a different approach of the starting story so excuse me if there is some errors in this that doesn't match the first chapters sense.