Tomino's Hell

The Cursed Japanese Poem

Introduction -

The year 1919, living in Japan, Saiyo Yaso wrote a poem by the name of "Tomino's Hell" which was published in 'Sakin' poetry collection book. After the poem was published, people started believing that this poem is cursed.

History -

History -

During the 1920s, people believed that whoever reads "Tomino's Hell" loudly either gets in an accident or suffers from misfortune, or in the worst case, the person dies. Not only that but it is also believed that the person's soul starts getting rotten or decaying in Hell.

After the publishing of "Tomino's Hell", it was always related to some strange cases due to which people started believing that the poem is cursed.

Incidents -

Incidents -

The year the poem was published that time some readers experienced sudden heartache after completing the poem and the majority of the readers complained of having sudden headaches.

In the originally published book, before the poem on a page there was some ominous warning written that "If you read this book out loud, tragic things will happen".

Obviously, during those days, this poem got famous. But slowly people started forgetting about it. And then suddenly came the Internet due to which this poem is now available online.

On one of Japan's websites, "Tu Chen", the story of the poem suddenly got famous and its readers from different areas, starting sharing their experiences through the medium of pictures and videos.

If we talk about one more incident then in the year 2000, there was a common connection between the suicide cases that year which was that the people who attempted suicide, the poem was present in their house at that time.

If we talk about another famous incident then Reddit user, Misiko Karakozo, explained in detail an incident that she experienced in one of her posts. She wrote that she got to know about this famous poem and thought of reading it. After completing the poem, she experienced a sudden pain in her right knee and from the bathroom, she could hear the screams of her girlfriend. When she got there, she saw that due to a spark in the water heater a fire could have broken out but luckily, it didn't. That day, she understood how much the poem was cursed and unlucky.