Chapter 2

The two girls continue their journey as they past Route 202, dawn riding her back in speed as Kiyoko runs after her to catch up

Dawn then stops at a hill, gets off then runs down the small hill with her poke ball in hand

"Piplup come in out" she said as she released Piplup

Kiyoko was able to catch up to her and catches her breath "you were really fast, dawn"

Dawn laughed awkwardly and said "sorry Kiyoko I just got too excited, since I started my very first journey and I can enter in the contests like mom"

Kiyoko caught her breath and said "well to be honest that was my reaction when I started my journey"

The girls laughed as they sat close to a boulder with their pokemon on their laps, as they look at the sky

Dawn said "Piplup?, I am psyched and all but I'm starting to wonder what a new Pokemon trainer like me does first" she looks at her pokemon and said "it's a deal! Let's catch us some pokemon"

Kiyoko said "great idea" she got up and said "as trainers we must catch pokemon, and I do know that in contests we need more than one"

Dawn asked "will you help me become a trainer, Kiyoko, since you have more experience from your travels"

Kiyoko said "of course, I love to help my friends, but first let's catch some pokemon and be friends" she smiled.

Then suddenly a rabbit like pokemon, Buneary came out of some bushes.

Dawn said "a Buneary" she took her Pokedex out as it explains "Buneary. The rabbit pokemon. By quickly extending it's rolled up ears, it can launch a powerful attack against it's enemies"

Kiyoko said as she squishes her cheeks "it's so cute" Chimchar nods

"We have to watch out for those ears! So here's the deal. The best way to catch a pokemon is to battle it with another pokemon until it gets weak, and that's where you come in! You ready?" Dawn said to Piplup, as it agreed

"Ok Piplup, then let's use Bubble beam" she commanded as Piplup shot it's attack at Buneary

Kiyoko just watches and said to Chimchar "there are other ways to catch pokemon, besides battling"

Dawn got excited but frowned when Buneary dodges the attack " what a jump!"

Piplup looks around for the Buneary, not noticing the it was behind it

"Peck attack! Buneary's behind you"

Piplup used peck at Buneary but it dodged then punches Piplup with it's ears, knocking it out.

Dawn runs to Piplup and picks it up "you ok, Piplup"

Buneary then jumps on Dawn's face and was about to leave but stops as it smells something.

Dawn got up and held her face "god that hurt" she looked over and saw that the bunny pokemon stayed.

Buneary keeps sniffing then hops to Kiyoko.

The blonde girl and Chimchar looks at the pokemon,  Kiyoko bends down to it's level and asked "yes little one"

Buneary then jumps up to remove her bag and starts digging into it, making Kiyoko lose balance and fall on the ground

Dawn said "are you ok, Kiyoko?"

Chimchar growled at the pokemon and was about to attack it but Kiyoko blocks him and said "it's ok, Chimy look"

Chimchar looks and saw Buneary eating something as it sat down, it was a cookie that Kiyoko brought as a snack.

Dawn said "it's eating a cookie, I guess this one loves sweets"