Friends.

The woman from yesterday had come to his room again

The woman from yesterday had come to his room again. She didn't say anything, she just sat in the chair beside his bed.

She had a distinctive smell beneath all the disinfectant, he had come to realise. She smelled mostly like vanilla but if she moved in a certain way he could smell chocolate.

Did she eat that much chocolate and pastries? He had no way to find out.

As far as Jungkook was concerned, he was thankful for her presence after yesterday's events.

"You have a big nose, you know," she said suddenly, poking his nose lightly. "Very boopable too. Just like my dog, Candy's. She was a very cute pomeranian. You would have loved her." He would have a big smile on his face right now, he thought if he could smile. He did love animals.

"Last summer she gave birth to two pups. I can't even begin to explain how adorable they were. I wanted to keep them but my boyfriend didn't let me. That fucking bastard." Her tone suddenly changed from happy to angry.

"I haven't revealed this to anyone yet, Mr. Jeon, but I think I'll tell you," she continued in a small, scared voice that made him want to help her in any way possible. "He was very abusive. At first he was very sweet but then one day he asked me for money to buy some drugs. I refused. That's when it all started. I was so afraid to leave him because he hurt me so bad. I landed in this hospital because him too but it's all good now. He died when he tried chasing me down the road. I don't know if I'm a bad person for laughing or relief wash over me when I saw him dying in the middle of the road but I'm glad I'm free. You should be happy too, Mr. Jeon, that you found out about your girlfriend sooner."

After listening to her he was indeed relieved but sad too that this kind woman had gone through so much trauma and still stood so strong.