Goodbye.

Yuri had been in the hospital for a month now

Yuri had been in the hospital for a month now. She stayed with Jungkook as much as she was allowed. She didn't have any family that visited her, so she was quite grateful that Mrs. Jeon brought food for her almost everyday.

She knew she could never be able to return her favor back but she could keep Jungkook company as long as she could.

Her time was coming to an end now. She felt both sad and happy. Sad, that she had to leave. Happy to have known the Jeons. After all, how many people had the privilege to meet a celebrity in their lifetime. She had that privilege and she was grateful for it.

The morning came too soon. The nurse brought her clothes to get changed into and explained her the whole process. She didn't listen a word. She just wanted to see Jungkook one last time before leaving.

He had lost weight since the first time he had been admitted but he didn't look that bad with all his injuries healed. She booped his adorably big nose, smiling wistfully when he didn't react. Like always.

"You know it's me, don't pretend to be surprised," she started, trying to be funny. She sat down beside him on the bed. On second thought, she decided to layed down beside him and hugged him as tightly as possible.

"I like hugs," she confessed, "and I have a feeling you like them too. It helps you connect to a person on a more intimate level. If you think this is my way of telling you that I would have gone on a date with you if you asked, then you are right. But you won't get up in time to ask me that."

A tear unbidden left her eyes, soaking into his soft shirt. Laughing, she wiped her tear, then the few that slipped past his own eyes, down the side of his face.

She leaned up, pressing a sweet kiss on his forehead, then his eyelids, his nose and his cheeks.

"Don't waste your energy on crying tears over a nobody like me. I'm crying happy tears because I'll finally get to see Candy. She must've missed me. You stay happy, okay?" she said, laying her head back on his chest, his heart beating strongly against her ear.

She lifted her bony hand and rested it on his chest. "I wish things were different, we met under different circumstances. It might have been an adventure of a lifetime for us but we still learnt a lot, didn't we? I have so many things to tell you but I don't have time. Ah, la douleur exquise!"

As the clock struck noon, Yuri got out of the hospital bed. "Goodbye, Jungkook and good luck. It was nice knowing you."

And she was gone, just like how abruptly she entered his life. His tears however, didn't stop the way she wanted them to be because he knew, he knew what 'going to meet Candy' meant.