Moving On

Hey guys! This is my first book and I've wanted to write about the School for Good and Evil for a while. It is my favorite book series and I love imagining what would happen , and I can't wait to share it with you! 

Merlin closed his eyes and went limp. Tedros put his head on Merlins chest and sobbed. Agatha put her hand in his back, tears also in her eyes. Sophie and Hort backed away towards the door, knowing Tedros needed this moment alone with his bride.

"How could he just leave us?!" Tedros exclaimed to Agatha, "on our wedding day??!!!"

"I bet he didn't want to, but he knew it was time for him to go" Agatha said, wiping her eyes. After a few moments she said; "should we postpone the wedding?"

Tedros thought for a moment, then shook his head. "He would want us to still do it. I fell like they all would want us to still get married today." He said, referring to all those who had died in the past few months. They stayed silent for a few minutes, and Tedros realized that even though he was sad Merlin had passed, he still felt joy that he'd be marrying his true love in a few hours.

Sophie spoke for the first time in a while; "If we aren't going to postpone, we should get ready." She said, as Agatha stood up and followed Sophie out of the door, glancing at her prince on the way out. 

After a few moments of awkward silence between the two boys, Hort, trying to break the awkward silence, said; "She is sad, you know, Sophie, I mean. She may have acted like she didn't like the old chap, but she had grown found of him." He explained while Tedros covered Merlin with a blanket. Tedros nodded and gestured for Hort to follow him out of the honor commons.

"I'm glad to see you're alive." Tedros added, trying to change the topic.

"Ya, I'm surprised you care, though" Hort said

Well you are the person that Sophie's with, so I see why you're surprised." Tedros said, implying he knew about the weasel and the witch.

Ah, so Agatha told you." Hort said as Tedros stopped, as if thinking of something.

After a moment, Tedros snapped out of his trance. "Ya" he said, then added; "You want to be my best man? I was going to have Merlin, but now that you're here, you should be, since Sophie is the Maid of Honor."

Hort stopped, stunned. "Y-y-yes." He stuttered. "Why do you want me though? You could just have no one."

"You're Agatha's best friend's boyfriend. Plus that would be weird if the King of Camelot had no best man for his wedding." Tedros responded as they walked towards the room where all of the boys were getting ready. 

"What do you want me to wear? I'm a Never. We aren't really known for our fashion sense." Hort said as they stopped outside the room. 

"That's why I'm picking your outfit." Tedros said as they walked in, taking a regular suit (just imagine one of the basic black and white ones) off a rack and handing it to Hort. "This was going to be Merlins." He said softly. "Dunno if it'll fit you, but just try your best."

Hort put it on behind one of the many curtains where boys were getting dressed. He walked out, looking uncomfortable. "It fits" Hort said as Tedros raised an eyebrow. "I'm not used to wearing  suits" Hort explained.