Next Chapter

Everyone clapped as Tedros sat down. Agatha and Sophie were speechless. "R-r-really?" Sophie asked.

"Yes" Tedros said, smiling at Agatha, who was still speechless. As soon as Tedros had taken back Camelot, he had started hiring (or in some cases, re-hiring) most of the castle staff. But, one position he (and his father) had always found trouble finding was the Advisor for Never Affairs. The job is literally exactly how it sounds. They advise the King about all things that have to do with Nevers, so it's also a pretty important job. This position is very hard to find, considering it's very hard to find someone who would know about Nevers enough to advise the King, and someone who would swear loyalty to Camelot without betraying them.

Tedros, at first, thought maybe Sophie would be a good pick. But then, he remembered she would probably do nothing, just make excuses whenever she would have to work. When he was told Hort was still alive, he had an idea. Plus, that would mean Sophie would come live at the castle too, which Tedros wasn't too thrilled about, but he knew Agatha would be.

Once Sophie and Hort started talking to each other, Agatha told Tedros, "Thank you. I know how hard this probably is for you, you know, letting Sophie live in the castle."

Tedros chuckled. "Ya, knew you'd love it, and whether anyone will admit it or not, Hort's a perfect choice."

Agatha nodded, "Well, I-" She stopped, mid-sentence as Reena's mother wheeled out the cake. It was a twelve-layer cardamom and rosewater cake. It had frosting piped as flowers, dotted lines, leaves, etc., decorating the sides of the cake. At each tier there was a flower at the base of the cake, and at the top of the whole cake there were roses, peonies, lilacs, and orchids decorating it. Everyone looked at it in awe.

Tedros stood up, offered Agatha his hand, and walked with her to the cake as the rest of the guests got up. As Tedros heard the chatter around him, he heard some people, like teachers and students, asking others where Merlin was. He tensed, remembering the only others who knew Merlin had passed besides him were his bride, Sophie, and Hort. He hoped no one walked over to the Honor Commons anytime soon. He brushed off the thought, admiring the cake in front of him.

Yousuf came in with the plates and the knife. Agatha picked up the knife, and Tedros put his hand over hers. They cut the first slice on the bottom tier, and Yousuf held the plate as they put it on it. Agatha took the plate, and Tedros and Agatha each took a fork. They each took a piece of the cake and fed it to each other. Tedros smiled and gave Agatha a quick kiss.

Everyone started getting their own pieces of cake. Agatha and Tedros each got a second piece and went back to sit down. Everyone was so busy stuffing their faces, the dining hall was almost silent. Shortly after the first person finished their slice, the doors to the ballroom opened.

The ballroom had been decorated with the same bubbles as outside, and even though it seemed impossible, an even bigger chandelier then the one in the dining hall. The tuxedoed frogs were playing the music for the first dance.

Most of the guests started making their way through the doors. Agatha and Tedros came in, and took their place in the center of the ballroom. They started dancing, and to some people's (especially Sophie's) surprise, they weren't half bad.

Agatha's dance lessons must have paid off. Tedros had never been the best dancer, but he danced with his bride effortlessly and elegantly. Soon, everyone started dancing with their partners (Dot dragged- literally dragged- Hester and Anadil into the ballroom).

After a few dances, the remaining pieces of cake, some drinks, and the other desserts appeared on a buffet table at the side of the ballroom. Some people moved over there to have some of the delicious food, including Tedros, Agatha, Sophie, and Hort.