Meeting the Cap

A/N I make my titles last, so if one of the chapters is named Untitled then I accidentally published it without the title and it will be fixed in a minute.

Pauline detached their arms when they arrived at the office. Judging from Ted's change in expression, he seemed disappointed.

What a shame.

Captain put his documents down. "Why is this woman in camp? I don't recognize her. Is she a new recruit?"

Sniper scratched the back of his head. "Well, sort of-? She came here for medical supplies to treat her daughter.  Some basic military NSAIDs, nothing out of the ordinary. Her name is Pauline."

Captain thought about it, then shrugged. "I suppose we could spare some medication. What type of injury does she have?

Pauline flinched. She didn't think that far. Thinking fast, she quickly answered, "Pectoral stab with a poisoned dagger."

One of the female workers waiting outside the office cringed.

Captain's eyebrows raised. "That bad? I'll instruct the medics and infirmary workers to create a remedy. In the meantime I'll have the soldiers set up a tent for you, I cannot allow you to stay in another soldier's quarters for reasons you can probably guess."
He waved his hand absentmindedly at Sniper. "You are dismissed."

Pauline gave Sniper a backward glance, then turned back to Captain.

"Oh, I just can't thank you enough. I miss my daughter so much, I hope my brother is taking good care of her."

"Don't you have a husband?"

"No, he passed away."

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss."

Awkward tension built in the room. Thankfully, just then Steve burst in.

"Captain! Cap-oh, who's this?"

"Her name is Pauline. Ted'll explain the rest."

"Oh, okay. We're late for patrol, by the way, I came to get you."

Captain smacked his forehead. "Damn! Start the tank Steve, we need to go."

Captain nodded to Pauline before sprinting out.

What a peculiar bunch, those two. I gotta figure out how to juggle Ted and Captain, though. Steve doesn't really seem...per se... the type to be subject to seduction.

She gasped. That's it! I'll get to him through Captain! There's no way he can possibly resist getting even a little jealous. Genius!