ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖

I grabbed the history book out of my locker and realized how dusty it was. Had it really been the long since I had last used it?

I wiped of the dust and closed my locker door.

"Felix," I heard someone call my name from across the hallway. It was a girl's voice; a gentle and warm voice.

It was my friend, Sally McMullin. Sally and I had been friends since second grade and there was no one else I trusted more than her. I would tell Sally my terrible home life, and she would invite to her house to stay over for some nights. Mom never came looking for me, but she would always get really mad whenever I walked back into my house. I wish I could run away from that place and never come back; and I would if I didn't have to take care of her. My mom was diagnosed with an incurable disease that forces her to drink one pill every 14 days. She is responsible enough to have them, just not responsible enough to overdose.

"What is it? Did you score an A on your math final?" I asked jokingly as I started walking to my classroom.

"No. Well, yes but that's not what I wanted to tell you." She said, "I wanted to know if you were interested in helping me practice babysitting after school."

I chuckled. "You need to practice that? Just take care of the kid and you get some really easy money."

"There's no damage in being extra prepared. C'mon. It'll be fun." She said.

I stayed quiet for some time while she looked at me with the puppy eyes she always made when she wanted something. "Alright. But I'll have to get my mom her pills first. Can't be having her overdosing again."

Sally squirmed in excitement. "We'll have a lot of fun. I promise." She said as as she gave me a peck on the cheek, which I blushed at.

𝕊𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣, 𝕀 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕𝕖𝕕 𝕒 𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪.