Chapter 5

Lisa's Pov:

We are currently in the US to promote Blackpink in America. It's already February. The month of Lovers.

Jennie invited me to come with her to a popular café near our hotel.

She loves to explore the places that we visit for work and we always have no choice but to go with her. She keeps on insisting that we should not always stay in our hotel room. So that we can discover new things and places.

We went inside the café. Surprisingly, we are not the only idol who went here. Red Velvet's Irene is standing few meters away from us.

Jennie walked past me and greeted Irene-unnie.

"Irene, I miss you. I'm glad that you came even if you're busy. By the way, I brought Lisa with me today."

I bow my head slightly to show my greetings to her. I didn't know that Nini invited her to be with us today.

"I miss you too Jen. I'm sorry if we can't meet each other often. I am kinda busy nowadays. Please take your seat."

"I heard they have the best meals served here."

Minutes later, our orders are served in front of us.

"Irene unnie can you take a picture of us?"

Irene nodded her head and took her phone.

"Ok... 1...2...3.."

Both of them are mostly talking to each other

Both of them are mostly talking to each other. I also talk when they ask me questions. But it's mostly just them.

Why did I even agree to go here in the first place?

I could have just slept in my hotel room.

I caught Irene unnie glancing towards me but I don't wanna assume or anything. Maybe it's just my imagination.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden ring of a phone.

It was Nini's.

She picked her phone from her Chanel bag.
"I'm sorry I need to take this real quick." She smiled apologetically.

"It's fine. It might be important."

"I'll be back real quick"

After she left, no one dared to start a conversation. It was so awkward that I was too nervous to talk. I might stutter. I don't want to embarrass myself.

"Lisa, how was the food? Did you like it?"

Thank God she started talking. I thought I was gonna die from awkwardness.

This has been my problem every time I meet new people. I get shy easily and I don't know how to start a conversation.

"It's good unnie. Now, I know why both of you really want to go to this resto."

Eventually, we managed to be comfortable conversing with each other. She is fun to be with. I enjoy her company a lot.

As we were talking, Jennie came back rushing to get her purse on the table.

"I'm really sorry guys but Kai called and he said that he's here right now. Let's meet again next time Irene unnie. Lis, can you accompany Irene unnie for a while? Promise I will make it up next time!"

And now she is gone like a flash.

And I am stuck here unexpectedly with Irene unnie.

"I guess it's just only the two of us now?" I nervously chuckled while scratching my nape.

"Yeah. I guess we are." She shortly replied. "Do you have anything to do after this?"

"Ahmm, I don't think so. Why did you ask unnie?"

"Can you tour me around? I want to explore a bit around the city And I'm really bad at directions. I also have the whole day for my rest day and I don't wanna waste it on sleeping when I am here in a foreign country." She rapidly said.

I was understanding what she said earlier because I don't understand anything that she had said. All I heard was a tour, directions, and foreign country. She wasn't even talking anymore. It sounds like she's rapping a verse.

I guess she mistook my silence and continued talking.

"I'm so sorry. I should've known. you also busy I shouldn't have asked you to accompany me. Don't mind what I asked earlier." She said looking devastated and disappointed.

"No. No, I didn't mean it that way. Of course, I can accompany you. Don't worry. It's also our rest day today. Please don't take it the wrong way."

"Really?" She asked looking at me excitedly.

So cute.

"Yeah!"

"Thank you, Lisa"

"No problem. So, where do you wanna go?"