4

This chapter was unedited so bare with me pls? Thaaaanks

August 21, 2015; 1:45 pm

It was the second to the last period of the day- period six. The one that I longed to be non-existent. The classic PE elective that all the girls hate and all the boys love. That "easy A class" I always had pure hatred for. I despised everything and everyone in every of my PE classes.

This school requires one and a half years worth of PE to get credits in order to graduate, but I didn't get that one little half credit in my old school back in hawaii, so guess what?

I'm stuck in a classroom filled with underclass men.

mostly freshmen and sophomores, hardly and juniors since I heard there was summer school PE. Why couldn't I have taken that in the first place? It was just plain terrible to do PE in the hot summer sun.

I may be use to hot weather, but summer in Virginia is a hell of a lot worse. The degrees in Hawaii barely reached the nineties in the summer, whereas Virginia reaches the hundreds and possibly slightly above. It feels like an oven right now.

But I was taught to grab a straw and suck it up- which is what my mom literally said when I came home with a small injury from Ballet one day.

"Ashlyn Rivera?"

"Here." I say then everyone's eyes make their way to my body.

"Huh, new student huh?"

"Yessir." I reply cooly and I lean back in the plastic chair.

"Alright, but you are a senior right? Remember to set an example."

"Try my best to." I say truthfully and add a small shrug.

"Not try. Do." He says and a very intent serious look appears on his face faster than I can ever imagine.

I carefully unwind my arms so my gesture doesn't seem rude and place my hands on the desk in front of me. He started to go through the rest of role call and I huff and my back falls and hits the chair.

It was an exhausting day and I just wanted to go home. Not to mention, my entire backside was moist from the heat. Even though I can cope with the heat, it doesn't mean that I don't absolutely hate it.

It was then a girl- possibly the same grade as me- walked through the open doors holding a neon purple slip in her right hand and a blue binder in the other. She walked up to Mr. Ricardo and handed the neon slip to him.

Mr. Ricardo eyed her suspiciously and nodded his head towards the teachers desk, where two chairs stand. One facing the class, and one on the other side facing the opposite direction.

"This is Sarah my very late teachers assistant. She's been my student for 3 years so she knows what's going on."

"Hi." Sarah smiles and waves at us.

At least she's a senior. I'm not stuck with underclassmen. I'm not exactly the best person to make friends with people who are younger then me. It was just really bad I guess. I probably just hated when people in the younger grades acted like they're better than everyone and older than me.

Well I can't complain that I act like a 10 year old but look like a 18 year old.

I glanced over to the clock and I noticed that the time just flew by amazingly fast, especially since there is only 10 minutes left. I just unlocked the phone with the cracked screen and I went to the notes app. I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the notes and I began to read them in order.

Dear journal,

I visited her at the hospital. I felt like puking.