1

June 9, 2015 3:00

"So this is it?" Alyssa asks me with tears falling from the corner of her eyes.

"It is." I whisper and quickly wrap my arms around her. We both embrace each other tightly, sobbing while muttering a few words to each other.

"After you graduate, come back here." She says still sobbing into my shoulder.

"I will try my ultimate best to." I sniff and we pull away from each other. "Alyssa, you have been there for me when no one wasn't. I'm so greatful to have you as my friend. I will miss you so so much." I sob and hug her one last time.

"Try your best to keep touch." She whispers as I start to slowly walk backwards to the car.

"I will try my best." I say with one last tear streaming down my cheek.

I climb inside the car with my mom tapping her nails on the dashboard. "Are you done yet?" She asks harshly.

"Yes." I nod my head.

"Doesn't look like it." She mutters and starts the engine.

I lean against the window on the passenger side, looking out to the other window on the drivers side. Tears were still rolling down my face and I just couldn't stop crying.

My mom has seriously done it this time. God, why is she just so cruel? I never asked for any of this. I never wanted to be a ballerina, I never wanted to go to bishop Ireton, and I never wanted to move all the way across the pacific ocean and across the entire county of america for something I have a strong hate towards.

* * * * * * * * * *

June 20 2015 6:00

"Ashlyn Marie Rivera! Get the hell out of that godforsaken room this instant!" My mother screams.

I just sit on my bed staring at the locked door. She thinks she has all the keys to the house but I actually have the key to my room. This means she cant open it.

"Open this door before you regret it!" She screams.

I stay silent and still on my bed, not making a single sound. I heard the door knob jiggle multiple times and a groan of frustration.

I then hear the clicking of her heels retreat from the door. I grab my book to the side of me and I continue to read it. I then hear the clicking of her heels comeback along with a jingling noise. I suppose it was the keys but I stole the key to my room.

"Where the hell is it." I hear the mumbling through he door along with the clatters of the keys. "Ashlyn Marie Rivera! Did you or did you not steal the key for your door!" She screams even louder than the last time.

I grab my key that was dangling from a key ring and I open the door. "Maybe I did." I say and dangle it and slam the door in her face.

"Ashlyn Rivera you are an 19 year old-"

"God, that is so sad. You don't even know how old I am!" I shout back.

"I don't care how old you are!" She screams.

"Then if you don't care then why are you even talking to me! Just go away!" I shout.

"Ashlyn you are 19! Get your act toget-"

With all the rage boiling in my skin I felt my face hot with anger. I rip the door open and I stand in front of my mother.

"I. Am. Fucking. 17." I growl and jab my finger into her shoulder pushing her back.

"Turning 18 tomorrow. If you dont fucking care then why are you here." I growl storming into my room and slamming it shut and quickly locking it.

* * * * * * * * * *

August 21 2015 6:09

"Ashlyn get the hell up." My mom snaps.

"I am up! If you haven't noticed the light is on!" I shout to the closed door.

I untangle my hair with my comb and I brush my teeth afterward. I slip on my school uniform along with my maroon vans and I grab my bag.

I open the door and walk outside where my mom halts me right when I touch the knob on the front door.

"You're not walking to school. Sit down." She says in a menacing tone.

"Yeah I am." I scoff and push the door open.

"Ashlyn get back here!" She screams.

"No! I'm doing what I want to do today." I shout back to her and slam the door shut.

I continue to walk down the sidewalk knowing the path to the school already.

"Wow so you're the one who keeps me up late?" A guy asks me and starts to walk besides me.

"Oh I'm sorry I don't mean to keep anyone up late because of the bickering." I say feeling slightly guilty.

"No its cool. But I kinda imagined you to be maybe a little more punk rock." He says.

"Well, sorry but I don't do punk rock." I shrug but then I notice he wears the same uniform as me. "You go to Ireton?" I ask.

"Yeah. You go there? I never really saw you there." He furrows his eyebrows.

"Yeah my mom forced me to go to school there. I'm new." I sigh.

"Well new- can I call you newbie?" He chuckles at his joke. "I'm Cody." He says and sticks a hand out for me.

"My names Ashlyn." I shake his hand, and his expression slightly falters.

"Nice to meet you ashlyn." He says, covering up with a smile.

"Would you like assistance today?" He grins.

"Uh- I kinda?" I smile sheepishly.

"I can show you around before school starts. It doesn't start till 8:30 and its only 7:00." He says and looks at his iPhone.

"I would love that. Thank you so much."

"Its not a problem." He says cooly.

"So where ya from newbie?" He asks in a cheery voice.

"Hawaii." I say sheepishly.

"Wow. I wish I can live in Hawaii." He says in awe.

"Yeah I really miss it there. Everyone was so friendly." I sigh slightly frowning. Thinking about Hawaii and all my old friends made me feel nauseous. I felt extremely guilty of not calling a single one of them since I arrived on this state. Mainly because of my mom. She never likes- I mean liked any of my friends from Hawaii, because -as I quote- they hold me back.

But I just hope this school year will be great.

* * * * * * * * * *

A/n: pretty short but yeah. Don't haTE ME OKAY IM SORRY