Chapter 15

Meanwhile, back at the police station, Tina was calling up some of their friends, so that she can let them know of the situation that they're in right now and the small fact that Bugs and Daffy had been kidnapped for days this whole, entire time.

She called Lola first, so that she wouldn't have to worry her so much about Bugs.

Which apparently, wasn't much worthwhile to begin with anyways.

"Hello?" Lola asked on the phone.

"Hey, girl. It's Tina." Tina replied.

"Tina! How are you? Oh my gosh, you would not believe what I had just happened to me. Yesterday at the mall, I found some really cute skirts to match up some outfits with and..." Lola was going to say until Tina interrupted her.

"Okay. Okay. Just one moment there, I need to tell you something...." Tina was going to say until she was cut off by Lola's chatting.

"And there was this rude girl who tried to take my outfits even though I was going to pay for them and then...." Lola talked on like a blizzard storm while Tina just rolled her eyes at her obnoxious behavior.

After 20 minutes of nonstop chatting, Lola finally gave herself a breather.

"Anyways so what was it that you were going to say?" Lola asked, now done with the ongoing conversation that she had, with nothing much to say more.

However, at this point, Tina decided to drop the subject and let her figure it out for herself, seeing how crunched up the time already was for everyone else.

"*sigh. Nothing. I just wanted to make sure that you were doing alright." Tina lied.

"Awww. That's so sweet of you. So are we still having that lunch on Saturday?" Lola asked, excited.

"Sure." Tina said with an exhausting laugh.

"Great! Oh and don't let me forget to tell bun bun that we're having a girl's day. I'm sure he'll understand." Lola beamed.

"Haha. Okay, I'll see you later then. Bye." Tina said politely as she hung up the phone and rubbed her head from a throbbing migraine.

"Ugh. Well I guess I can check on Speedy then and see how he's doing." Tina said to herself as she dialed the restaurant number since the mouse was probably working that day.

"Hello?" Speedy answered after two rings.

"Hey Speedy, it's Tina." Tina replied, tiredly.

"Oh hi. Sorry for not being in a good mood but I'm having a lot of trouble right now with this foreclosure and...." Speedy said until Tina cut him off.

"Wait foreclosure? Who gave that to you?" Tina asked, concerned.

"I don't remember his name but I think it's Cecil. He was some short old turtle." Speedy described to her.

"I figured" Tina said, shaking her head.

"Why? What's wrong?" Speedy asked, now curious.

"That same incident happened not too long ago at my work today and my boss is freaking out over it." Tina explained.

"He's going to close down your business too?!" Speedy asked, frantically.

"No Speedy! That guy's a fraud! The whole thing is a scam." Tina informed him correctly.

"What?!" Speedy yelled over the phone, so loud that Tina had to distance her ear from the edge of receiving line.

When Speedy calmed down, she calmly informed to him how Cecil did it with the leasing contracts and waited for his response.

"*Cusses in Spanish. I should have know that those papers were a fake." Speedy shouted out, angrily.

"Don't worry about it. Porky is taking care of that right now. He's gonna talk to the real estate agents and the judge in town. We're going to catch this guy. I promise." Tina announced.

"I sure hope so. As much as this place means to me, it would be a sad sight if I disappointed Mr. Girardi and wasted Bug's money for this restaurant. Speaking of which, where is he anyways? I haven't heard from him or Daffy in a while." Speedy asked, now concerned.

"Oh....um. I just found out that they've been kidnapped. Me and Porky already reported them missing though. I guess they found out about the scheme too and must have gotten caught in it." Tina said rubbing her head, worried.

"Tsk. Ay ay ay. Those two are always looking for trouble." Speedy said shaking his head.

"Pfft. It wouldn't be the first time." Tina said with a small sarcastic laugh.

"Just hang in there. Alright?" Tina added.

"Sure, I better get back to my customers anyways. But thank you for letting me know at least." Speedy said, relieved that he doesn't have to close his business down.

"No problem. I'll see you soon." Tina said as she hung up the phone.

Afterwards, she made a few more phone calls from other nearby places and found out that the twin owners of the antiques store had already closed down their business for an early vacation and that a cable company that Cecil used to work at, was suffering the same ordeal.

This would help make good evidence for court, if only however, they had the papers themselves to prove so much so.

Porky on the other hand, had just recently learned from the meetings with the real estate company,  that about a week ago, there were reports of a break-in and theft of their files.

He then, used his city councilmen status along with the permission of the judge himself of course, to arrange for Foghorn to be released from jail on bail. 

Considering under the conditions, that he'll still have to be set for trial but won't have to stay in a jail cell during the whole process.

Tina and Porky then meet up again right outside the Police Station stairway and waited for Foghorn Leghorn to come out.

When Foghorn was free, he patted Porky's back in gratitude.

"I can't thank you son. You saved my life back there." Foghorn said, excitedly.

"Uh, yeah. No problem." Porky said, feeling modest about the whole thing as the three started to walk on down until they were stopped by a heavily sweating short man with a long red mustache.

"Sam?! What is it?" Porky asked in concern.

"Fellas! Thank goodness. I just heard about my brothers (what he calls his neighbors Bugs and Daffy) and now my cousin is missing too!" Yosemite Sam yelled out in a panic.

"Your cousin?" Tina asked, her eyebrows raised.

"His name is Blacque Jacque Shellacque and don't ask how. He's Canadian. Half of my family is from over there." Yosemite Sam said rolling his eyes.

Obviously, he must have had a lot of weird reactions before with him being related to a French man.

"Oh yeah. That's my private detective that I had just hired, but he was supposed to be back by now and I can't seem to get a hold of him." Foghorn pointed out.

"What?" Yosemite asked, confused.

"It's a long story...." Tina said while informing him of the scenario that they're in as well.