Chapter 18

Back to the present time, at the hospital, Daffy whose minor injuries were nothing more than a few bruises and cuts, watched on at Bugs, who was still unconscious from the whole incident, in a guest chair that was pulled up close to his bedside.

The doctors told him that it was nothing more than a small concussion to the head and that Bugs was going to be okay.

All he needed was a few days of rest and he'll be able to wake up in good recovery.

Although, like he had promised before, he was determined not to leave his side and spent long hours in the room, waiting for him to get up.

Thankfully, their friends made it to the hospital as well and found him asleep by the bed.

"I'm so glad that you guys are okay." Tina announced as she along with Sam, Porky, and Speedy walked into the room.

Daffy woke up in an instant and turned to the direction of her voice.

"Oh hey Tina." Daffy yawned, sleepily.

"I don't about you, but I could really use something to eat. Care to join me?" Tina offered.

"No, thanks." Daffy mumbled.

He was indeed hungry but wanted to wait, like a true friend he was to him.

"Come on, you need to eat at least something." Tina insisted.

"I don't want to leave him. What if he wakes up?" Daffy asked, in concern.

"Don't worry. We'll watch him for you." Porky offered, referring to him, Sam and Speedy.

"Thanks." Daffy said, weakly with a small nod as he slowly got up from his chair and walked over with Tina to a nearby cafeteria in the hospital wing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they got to the lunch room, Tina ordered a sandwich with chips for herself and got Daffy a couple of snacks for him since his appetite might not be but a small one.

The two took their trays and sat down on an empty table.

Tina started eating her sandwich while Daffy measly took a bite of one of his snacks, seeing how tired he must have really been through that hectic train ride that he and Bugs had to face earlier.

After a few seconds of eating his pudding, Daffy's eyes begin to bulge out as he spits out the food, immediately.

"Bleh! How can the hospital people eat this kind of garbage?" Daffy asked, disgusted.

"I don't know. But I'm pretty sure its a lot better than actual garbage." Tina said, shrugging her shoulders while eating more of her sandwich.

Daffy then, decided to eat the corn instead, which was a lot more tasteful than the bland pudding.

Still, neither food nor her sarcastic humor was making him feel any more better than before.

There was so much that he wanted to tell Bugs, but doesn't really know where to begin.

For a long time he had always harbored feelings for him, but was never able to express his affection for him to make it all seem meaningful.

Of course, those emotions were set off to the side for a while when they met the girls and dated them instead.

It wasn't until their temporary imprisonment at the ware house, that his love and fondness for him had allowed his heart to open again.

And when he had the courage to finally kiss him....it was like bubbly, warm sparks flew in from about a mile high and up into the sky.

Daffy didn't notice he was daydreaming at all until Tina interrupted his thinking.

"Daffy." Tina called out to him in a low voice, so that she could get his attention without much disturbance in the room.

"Huh?" Daffy asked, distracted.

"I said, how are you holding up there?" Tina asked, now concerned

"oh...Its getting better, I guess." Daffy said, lowering his head.

He had enough food and pushed it away from him.

Tina noticed and continued on with her questions.

"What's wrong?" Tina asked, worried.

"Tina.....there's something that I need to tell you." Daffy said, a little guilty that he'll have to tell her the truth about his view of their relationship.

"I'm listening." Tina said with a half-smile, while grabbing Daffy's hands in consolation.

After Daffy explained to her about everything that happened, including the hidden feelings that he never knew he had before the kidnapping started, Tina nodded her head in understanding.

"I see.... So, all this time you were actually in love with him instead of me." Tina said, with a little disappointment in her tone.

"I'm sorry." Daffy said, ashamed.

"Don't be. We were never going to work it out for much longer, anyways. To be honest, I got so comfortable with being independent on my own, that breaking off our relationship doesn't really affect me at all. It actually made things less harder to tell you how I felt about us dating in the first place." Tina said, confidently.

"Ouch." Daffy added, sarcastically.

"Haha. But, seriously we're good." Tina said with her smile a little more brighter, reassuring that they can still be friends.

"Thanks." Daffy said in a soft mumble.

"So, how did you know we were there on the ditch?" Daffy asked, curiously.

"Well, me and Porky never really knew that you guys went missing until your friend Foghorn Leghorn mentioned about you in jail. Then, Sam was able to find his cousin, who led us back to you." Tina informed.

"Oh....How is he?" Daffy asked, referring to Foghorn Leghorn.

Because last time he checked, he might have seemed pretty mad at him for betraying his trust back there at the mansion.

"Foghorn? He's doing okay, but he'll still have to go to trial for those embezzlement charges." Tina said.

"That's good to hear." Daffy said in relief.

Foghorn was like a second father to him and after this is all over, he'll have to make amends with him soon.

But first, there was someone else more important that he has to speak to.

And just like a mind reader, he was given a chance to do so as Speedy ran up to the two in a quick motion with some news.

"Hey guys. I just want to let you know that he's awake. You can come see him now." Speedy announced.

"Sure, tell him that we'll be there in a second." Tina said as the two got up from the table.

"Actually, he wants to talk to you in private first." Speedy corrected, referring to Daffy.

Daffy looked over Tina, who gave him a pat on the shoulder for good luck, and then back to Speedy, nodding his head.

"Okay." Daffy said while walking on over back to Bugs's room, alone.