CHAPTER SEVEN

They to the theme park, Ava's curiosity was seeping out , she couldn't contain the happiness she felt in her heart. Nelia has always told her to go out and play for some time not only being tied up in office activities and other work related stuffs, she invited her one day to the theme park but she declined saying it's juvenile and time wasting but Nelia wasn't gonna give up on this ever serious girl but she finally had because all her efforts were abortive. Now she was here, she wanted to experience life through Henry, she's been sullen for long now and want to give up being a sadist. She wanted to also get to experience the feeling of doing all those with a man.
Henry was just gawking around but they couldn't stop the attention they got. They still looked like a happy couple and people admired them, before Henry could utter a word to Ava she ran to the seesaw  and started playing. Henry closed his eyes to swallow his rage that has encapsulated him.

         " Bunch of embarrassment" he mumbled to himself.
He stood aside watching her she was laughing like a kid and enjoying the moment, his eyes couldn't stop themselves from leaving her.
Ava stood up and and ran back to him.

          " I don't know when next we'd do this.. so please can you get pictures of me" he begged with her eyes round like a cute puppy dog. Henry sighed and brought his phone, Ava took that as an approval and ran back to what she was doing. Henry held the phone and felt like this was another way of torturing him, she snapped her interestedly and then left to sit at the rest ground. His eyes were not still off from here and suddenly he creased his brows, this girl was actually taking turns with little kids to sit on the see saw. That was it, he stood up and walked towards her.

           " Hey!! You finally wanna play?"
The man twitched and dragged her out of there .

             " Let me see the pictures you took" she asked licking the ice cream they bought earlier before going to sit down. He reluctantly gave her the phone. Ava started surfing through the gallery and cursed him inwardly. Henry saw her reaction and decided to tease her more.

               " You like them huh?"

                       " No".

                " I gave my best shots for that worthless pictures of yours and you don't like them".
Ava didn't respond to him, Henry's attention was diverted as he starred at the noisy children. Ava was Taking pictures of the both of them, he kept !!-making faces in displeasure but she didn't care, she finished and giggled bringing back his attention to her.

                 " What?"

          " Well.... You're ugly here in this pictures".
Henry's eyes widened like saucers as he snatched the phone from her.

            " You were taking pictures of me without my permission" she swiped the phone's screen angryly and groaned " ugly! Ugly!.... Well I also can't take that".
He raised the phone and held her waist firmly. Ava almost melted and her eyes widened.he took some shots and gave her to look at them.

           "Here.... people would cluster around me just to take a selfie with them but you....it's free". He bragged.
Ava had expected that, she knew he wasn't just going to take pictures without saying anything.

           " I'm going to take my car ...mind to come along"

               " No".

Ava raised her red flag in surrender and positioned herself well to face him " I should have known you'd say a big 'No' flatly to my face.....look...can't you pretend for once"

           " Pretend...why?"

           " Sometimes, telling people what they want to hear is good. Pretend to like something for once and make people feel better" she muttered.

            " But I do that a lot"

                    " When?"

              " Coming to this place was your idea and I hated it but because I wanted to make you feel better, I tagged along, taking pictures of you was something you loved and never my idea and I hated it also and again....those girlish bands you bought,you were so excited that day and I had to wear it in order not to ruin your mood".

Ava was left speechless again,this man such has his ways with words, he glared at him and he seemed sated.

           " Let's go....I'm tired of this boring place and it's hot too". He stood up and walked up. Ava was taken aback,few moments ago this man said he wasn't going anywhere with her and now he's even taking the lead!.

*****
They got to the garage, Henry stood outside, the cold gaze he threw at Ava already answered she question she wanted to ask so she walked past in and headed into the main hall of the garage.
She got to the verandah and two thugs stopped her, she flinched.

       " Hey..you look pretty" one of them said with lust and desire welling up in his eyes.the other laughed and crawled his head up to her hair, Ava closed her eyes tightly and could only pray for a miracle to happen.
Henry was pried up by the viling activities going on around the place,the place was full of dirt. He frowned in displeasure and then turn towards the garage where the scene was unfolding. He squinted his eyes and it was Ava. His Aldrenline rushed without stopping,he was furious. And clenched his fists tightly on seeing them .he walked angryly to them and held Ava's hand.

               " Ohhh....her hero has come to save her" one of them teased.
Henry furiously punched him on the nose and he fell to the ground. He winced in pain and felt a hot liquid gushing out of his nose, Blood! Ava was left dumbstruck. Henry  held the other man by the collar and slapped him hard,he kicked him and he fell to the ground. Ava's eyes widened,she haven't seen this facade of Henry before, he looked devilish and the aura reeking out was menacing. He gestured for her to go in,she hobbled in to the owner of the place. Henry wasn't satisfied with the beating he gave them.for the first time he saw fear and terror in her eyes and it made felt terrible. He bent over to the men and yanked their eyes hard then walked to the car he spotted to be Ava's. Ava finished and walked to him,his expression was normal as if nothing has happened. She gulped hard.

            " Let's go".

         " Let me drive" he stretched out his hand to her to receive the keys. Ava gave him the keys without bickering at him or saying a single word.

• •  • •
The car screeched and halted front of the house, they both alighted from it, Ava walked to the gate and Henry spoke halting her.

            "What's wrong?"

  Ava turned to him a gave him a faint smile " nothing,I'm just hungry and felt like being quiet for a while".
Henry nodded and she turned to the gates opening it.she padlock opened and she entered in side.
Henry knew what she had saw terrified her a lot and that's why she's quiet. Their ride home was awfully quiet akin to the first day they rode together.he sighed and got inside too.
Ava got to her room and fell on the bed, she scene came back to her head depriving her of a good rest. What happened brought back a painful memory of her past and she couldn't help it but cry,if Henry wasn't there to protect her, only God knows what would happen  there.