Season 1 - Part 8

Note: I DO NOT own The Owl House or DC Comics so don't report me. This is for entertainment purposes only and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

It was a splendid morning at the Owl House as Luz enters the living room having already gotten dressed into her school uniform.

She then sees a pot with something being stored inside by a levitating spoon.

Luz: Hey, Eda, what is that?

Eda: That would be witch's wool. It repels powerful spells. Every witch worth their salt has a cloak made from this stuff. I use it for protection against the Emperor's goons whenever they try to arrest me.

Luz: Why does the emperor want you arrested anyway?

Eda: Because Belos wants to control all wild magic through his coven system. He ordered my capture years ago because I refused to fall in line.

Luz: He's not gonna stop until he gets you, right?

Eda: Yeah, but don't worry about it, kid. I'm a master escape artist. Besides, I know you'll have my back.

Suddenly, a bunch of feathers grew all over Eda's body.

Eda: Uh-oh.

She said before transforming into the owl beast.

Luz: King! Get the elixir, now!

King: On it!

He yelled as he ran upstairs.

Luz: Shazam!

She yells, transforming as she holds Eda down long enough for King to grab some elixir. They managed to get Eda to drink it but it didn't work.

Luz: Go get more, King! I'll keep holding her down!

After a little while longer, King grabbed more elixir, managing to get Eda to drink over a dozen.

This amount of elixir was enough for Eda to turn back to normal.

Eda: Thanks for that.

She says before stumbling upon the many empty elixir vials.

Eda: And those . . .

Luz: Eda, your gem is dark.

Eda: No it's not! You're nuts!

Luz: Your curse is getting worse and you know it!

Eda sighs in defeat.

Eda: You're right. It's taking more elixir to turn me back, and more magic to keep the curse from rearing it's feathery head.

Luz: What will happen if you use up all your magic?

Eda: Oh, you know, I'd just turn into the Owl Beast . . . forever. It's a fate much worse than death if you think about it.

She laughs.

Luz: This isn't funny, Eda. We have to do something about this.

Eda: Don't worry about it. I'll just limit my magic use a little bit. Cheer up!

She says, forcing Luz to smile only for Luz to return to her concerned look.

Eda: Ugh. Go on. Do the parallel arm thing.

She said to which Luz immediately hugs her, King joins in by hugging Eda's leg.

Eda: Okay! It's time for school.

She said as she forced Luz to the door, opening it.

Eda: Have a good day.

Luz: Get plenty of rest. Drink lots of water. Stay out of the sun. Lift with your knees, not-