Season 2 - Part 1

Note: I DO NOT own The Owl House or DC Comics so don't report me. This is for entertainment purposes only and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

It's been a week and a half since the petrification ceremony, for the time being, Luz and the others have been laying low for a while.

Since they were all wanted criminals, no one wanted to risk getting arrested for buying human trash from Eda. So Luz, Eda, King and Lilith had become bounty hunters to put food on the table.

They were in town, with a cart full of creatures and demons to turn in so they can get paid.

Bounty Clerk: Here's your payment.

He says, offering them one coin.

Eda: A single snail!? Are you kidding me!?

Bounty Clerk: Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't done yet.

He says before snapping the coin in half.

Eda: You can't do this to me! Do you know who I am!?

Bounty Clerk: Yeah, you're Eda the Owl Lady. What are you gonna do? We all know you're powerless now.

Eda: Powerless. Powerless? Okay then . . . Shazam!

She yelled as a thunderbolt struck her as she transforms, shocking everyone.

Eda: Still think I'm powerless, little man?

Bounty Clerk: N-No ma'am! My apologies! Here!

He says, giving Eda a huge bag of coins.

Eda: Yeah, that's what I thought!

She says before Lilith groans.

Eda: What's up, Lily?

Lilith: These.

She says, pointing towards a bunch of posters showing a picture of a witch wearing a white cloak and a golden helmet.

The poster reads; "The Golden Guard. Join the Emperor's Coven. Today!"

Luz: The Golden Guard? Did you know him in the coven, Lilith?

Lilith: Unfortunately, I did. He always got special treatment because he was the "genius teen prodigy." But he's really just a brat. If he's in charge . . . vomit.

She says, crumbling the poster into a ball before throwing it in the trash.

Luz: Well, why don't we forget about this "Golden Guard" and get some more bounties?

Eda: Sounds good to me.

Lilith: No thank you. I think I'll just return to the Owl House.

Eda: All right, Lily. We'll see you later.

She says before Lilith takes the cart and leaves.

Luz and Eda then pick out their own individual bounty before parting ways.

The teen then goes to the docks, showing the ship's captain a bounty poster with King riding her back.

Luz: The Selkidomus hunt. I want in.

Captain Salty: You think you can handle this, squirt?

Luz: I can handle anything.

She says before the captain gives her sailor clothes, to which she goes to change before boarding the ship.

Luz couldn't help but admire the view on deck as the ship took off into the boiling sea before she and the crew were called on deck by the captain.

Captain Salty: All right, crew. The Selkidomus has been ravaging the coastline. It was last seen in the Simmering Shoals. You know the drill. Snag the quarry, get the money galore-y. We all do the work, we all get a cut. Till then, keep everything shipshape. This ain't no pleasure cruise.