Chapter 14

She slipped her dress off to reveal some very conservative undergarments made to swim in.

I pulled off my tunic and leggings to reveal my rather scandalous undergarments.

I heard a gasp from behind me and turned to see Ianthe staring at my back.

"Oh no, I was tortured for fifty years, shocker, right?" I snapped at her before diving into the water.

Feyre followed suit and we surfaced together.

"I'm sorry about her," Feyre murmured to me.

"It's ok, I wear a lot of open backed clothes because of my aunt Mor, I'm used to it now," I reassured, and we had an amazing time swimming, just the two of us.

When we got back to the shore, I dried us off and we slipped our clothes back on before sitting back down and beginning to eat.

"Did you encounter the High Lord of Night while you were there, Selene?" Ianthe asked.

"Yes," I replied, not liking where this was going.

"I'm sorry, he's such a monster, was he the one who did that to your back?" She asked, I really hated her.

"No," I replied, Feyre was tense from next to me.

"I find that hard to believe, he was after all, at Amarantha's feet all those years, her whore," she smirked.

"I suggest you think very carefully about your next words," I snarled at her.

"What, I am just stating facts, Rhysand was Amarantha's whore, he bedded her for half a century while the rest of the courts were tortured." She stated, I couldn't hold back.

Darkness seeped from my body as I stood.

"I warned you to stop, you refused, you deserve what is coming to you," I snarled, her face paled.

"Selene stop, ignore her, you and your family know the truth, that is all that matters," Feyre told me gently, gripping my arm.

The darkness snapped back in, and I fell to my knees. Feyre pulled me against her and held me as I began to silently sob.

She ran soothing circles on my back with one hand and ran her fingers through my hair with the other. It reminded me of my mother.

"She's from the Night Court!" I heard Ianthe screech.

I looked up to see Tamlin stood there, claws exposed.

'Dad, Tamlin found out!' I shouted to him, the fear in my voice clear.

"How dare you enter my court," he snarled.

"I invited her because she is my friend, she helped keep me not only alive but sane in that hell hole, I don't see why her court should determine anything," Feyre told him, not stopping her circles on my back.

"Amarantha was right to whip you," Tamlin growled at me, causing me to sob harder.

There was the sound of a small explosion from behind me, I turned my head to see Amren stalking over, seething.

"How dare you hurt my family," she growled, coming to stand by my side.

"How dare she enter my court." Tamlin growled back.

"Come on flower, let's go home," she murmured to me.

Feyre pressed a gentle kiss to the side of my head before helping me to stand. Amren slipped an arm around my waist, holding me close to her as she growled at Tamlin before winnowing us away.

Halfway there my legs fell out from under me, but Amren caught me before I could rip my grip from hers and she held me close.

I sobbed into her neck as her thumb rubbed over my shoulder. When we landed outside the town house, I had to close my eyes, the sun was too bright.

I was passed from Amren's eyes into another's, my father's I realised from the scent.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he walked inside and lay me next to him on the sofa.

I felt him in my head and allowed him to take my consciousness, not wanting to talk about it yet.

When I woke it was dusk, I was curled up on the sofa, my head in my father's lap. His fingers ran idly though my hair while his other hand was clasped tightly in my own, that explained why we were still on a sofa.

I let out a low groan before pushing myself up, so I was sitting, letting go of his hand in the process.

"Hey," he half whispered.

"Do you have any wine?" I muttered.

"I'm sorry love but I won't let you drink this away, not when you already have a headache," he told me with a grim smile.

"I take it you saw what happened?" I asked.

"I did, I'm sorry you had to hear that, Ianthe has always been a conniving bitch, she hates me because I denied her my bed a while ago, and you know why Tamlin hates me. I wish Feyre was here," he said, sounding more broken than I had ever seen him.

"She sided with me Rhys, you saw that, she went against him," I told him, trying to offer him hope.

"But she still loves him," he murmured.

"I know dad, I know." I whispered back.

Y'all know what happens from here, the story line is the same is ACOMAF then ACOWAR.

Selene doesn't find her mate and takes after Mor, happy being single. I am aware that this ends a little abruptly, but you don't need to reread two books just with an extra character.

I hope you enjoyed! ;)