Chapter Eleven: Cage

Connor

Breaking the window after shifting into my wolf form and starting a scene got me into trouble, just as I had anticipated. After Caspian knocked me out with his dart, I woke up in the middle of the night, trapped inside the cage, where I was still waiting for my release. It was morning now and I hadn't slept at all.

The cage was a form of punishment for Lycans. It had no solid floor: just rusty bars that hurt the soles of my feet. I couldn't sit, I couldn't lie down: I could only stand upon the iron rods.

I was tired, still angry, and annoyed. The truth was that I'd seen red when I thought the human was on the verge of kissing the other. Why did I feel that way? I didn't know. These last few hours spent in solitude, I'd been trying to figure out why this woman seemed to be more important to me than any other person that wasn't my family, but I still didn't know the answer. I couldn't understand why I was drawn to her since that first time we met up close. Because thinking back about it, I think it started back then, the day I'd shifted in front of her.

I hated that I felt this way. Hated that it felt weak.

Perhaps, I felt regret too. I regretted that I'd lost my self-control for her. Still, that little regret seemed to be outnumbered by the amount of satisfaction I found in the fact that she sent the man away.

"So, beast..." Two of Caspian's men walked inside and got my attention. "Calmed down?" one of them asked.

"Maybe we should up its dose?" the other suggested.

"No, Caspian will decide that if it's necessary."

They talked some more, not paying attention to me, who could hear them clearly. They were so arrogant that they didn't care that I could hear them. They thought that we, the Lycans, were stupid creatures, but I heard everything, and I locked every little detail in my mind. Memories I might use against them later.

After they freed me, I was immediately sent outside. The sun was harsh and bright after a night spent in darkness, so I squinted my eyes, only to find the other Lycans lined up. Great, it looked like we were going to get company.

***

"Open your mouth," came the order.

It wasn't meant for me, but for my brother, and I could only pray to God that Rhett wouldn't be sold. He opened his mouth and didn't move a muscle when the fat older Lanista stuffed his chubby wrinkly fingers between his lips.

"Good teeth." The fat man stated. "But how's it hung? Can it breed?"

"See for yourself," Darius said, and he ordered Rhett to lower his pants.

My brother listened, no doubt with some reluctance.

The older man slapped Rhett's dick a few times and gave it a couple of tugs until the desired erection was there. All this time, I was balling my fists. Oh, how I would just want to rip that fat bastard's disgusting head off and fucking step on it.

I heard Rhett groan from disgust and, luckily for him, the older let go.

"Looks fine too. How much do you want for it?" he asked before he spat to the floor. Half of his lump of spit landed on Rhett's right foot. Disgusting.

"It's a good Lycan. I'm not selling it for less than fifty gold pieces," Darius answered.

"FIFTY?" the man shouted. "Darius, you know that price is insane. It's too much for such a small Lycan."

"Fifty gold pieces," the Master said again. "Not a penny less. This Lycan is good with his hands, and I see potential for future fights too."

"No, no... I can't afford that right now. What can you give me for thirty?"