TEN | Devilishly Handsome Man

"thoray taare toh bicha doon, main tere waaste."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"LIKE what you see?"

"I love it."

Iman murmured in sheer awe as her eyes beheld the paradisiacal view in front of her.

Standing on the wide and spacious balcony of the apartment, she was witnessing the most spectacular sunset she had ever seen. The fiery sphere slowly skimming the horizon, casting a sherbati orange hue upon the arteries of the ocean. The crispy wind carried the perfume of the sea and sprinkled the evening with soporific fragrance.

She couldn't stop admiring it.

And Zain couldn't stop admiring her.

The shaam ki laali dwelling on her beautiful face and glossing her black hair with hue of smelted gold took his breath away and when her lips pulled into a smile―the apples of her cheeks blooming oh-so-luminously―the sight melted his insides.

"It's magical," Iman breathed, looking at the sky.

"Yeah," Zain agreed, fascinatingly gazing at her―watching the sunset in the grey skies of her eyes.

He wanted to capture every incision of this beautiful image with his eyes and lock it in the memory of his heart forever.

"Your friends are lucky to have such a beautiful home." She finally let her eyes stray away from the eve-sky and swoop on the man standing beside her. "The apartment is so nice. Small and cozy with an outdoor balcony overlooking the ocean. It's perfect!"

Zain chortled at the vivaciousness in her voice. "You sure like small spaces."

Her warm smile morphed into a despondent line. "What good are castle-like-houses with rooms full of expensive furniture but empty of people. They're just awfully lonely."

"You live in a castle?" It was an amusing but curious query.

Iman shrugged. "It's a huge mansion for just four people."

"Ooo, deep pockets." His brows winged mirthfully. "You must be loaded."

A bitter scoff fled her mouth. "Who cares?"

"Well, it's the only thing people usually care about, Iman." He riposted, lifting his hands off the steel railing.

"You should replace that usually with unfortunately," Iman expressed in an astute tone and spun on her heels to trudge inside since the December wind was getting icier as the sky stealthily lost it's warmth and colour.

"Right." Zain slid the floor-to-ceiling glass door which lead to the balcony and followed her inside. "Hey, since we're fortunately having a normal conversation; I have a question to ask."

Iman halted by a round brown wicker table placed only a few meters away from the balcony door, with a pair of chairs placed on either side and a lower shelf which had a pile of white sheets, diaries and a small wooden pencil holder.

"Tum sawaal bohot kartay ho."

A smirk adorned his lips as he stopped next to the chair on the other side. "I'm a curious man."

Heaving a sigh, she prompted, "Poocho."

"Why didn't you want to marry Haider? Is there a reason other than your father forcing you to marry against your will?" His eyes noticed the subtle stiffness in her countenance and a tinge of surprise in her eyes as he stared at her, patiently awaiting her response.