Chapter 1: Dust and Robberies

Vale, Three Days Later

3rd Person POV

Phoenix walked through the town of Vale, moonlight gleaming off his hood as he headed down the street, enjoying the fresh night air.

Spotting a store called From Dust till Dawn, he started walking toward it, deciding to purchase a few dust rounds. Before he got there, the window shattered as a man in a black suit with red glasses was kicked through it by a young girl with black hair, the tips dyed red, wearing a black and red skirt along with a red-hooded cape. 

Standing up, the girl unfolded a massive scythe, silver eyes gleaming, as she faced the robbers in the store

Phoenix was surprised to find Roman Torchwick standing there, several thugs at his side. 

"Okaaay," Roman muttered

"Okaaay," Roman muttered. He glanced at the henchmen around him. "Get her."

The five men rushed the girl, attempting to overpower her, but she spun on her scythe, knocking the first one back. Throwing herself through the air and landing lightly, she pulled the trigger on her weapon, throwing her into a spin that launched her into a second henchman, sending him flying. Slamming a third henchman with her scythe, she dodged a round of bullets before kicking a fourth henchman into the air. Spinning, she twisted midair and slammed the henchman to the ground before landing neatly.

The fifth henchman charged her from behind, but before he could strike, a silver blur sliced through the air and slammed into him, knocking him into a wall. With a metallic ring, the bladed chain retracted back into the shadows.

Roman and the girl turned as Phoenix emerged from the darkness. "You know..." Phoenix drawled, a gleaming sword in hand while black embers swirled around his other one. Flames burst to life and formed a long, elegant blade made of obsidian. "It isn't very nice to gang up on people, Roman."

"I'm a criminal," Roman replied. "Nice isn't in the job description."

"And you're robbing a dust store," Phoenix stated, both blades gleaming in the moonlight as he raised an eyebrow. "A little cliché, don't you think?"