⁰⁵, ooh, she's testy

05

WE WERE FLYING
( but we'd never get far )

══════════════════

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY

TESSA WOKE UP BEFORE STEVE DID. lucky for her, the hotel had a balcony. She padded outside after starting some coffee for herself, walking past Steve who was curled up in his comforter.

For the first time in three years, Tessa watched a sunrise. She watched the pink sky turn blue over the new york skyline. She missed this.

She padded back inside, sitting down on her bed, mapping out a plan on the pad of paper, messy handwriting that dripped and ebbed along with the page. She scribbled down addresses and phone numbers before going to the bathroom to get changed.

She slid the piece of paper in her pocket, and when she was out of the bathroom, Steve was awake. She looked at him, tilting her head slightly.

"What's going on in that super-soldier, old-ass brain of yours?" She asked. Steve looked at her and sighed, standing up and passing her to the bathroom without a word. Tessa exhaled sharply through her nose and muttered, "rude," before deciding not to bother any longer.

Maybe it was better this way. Neither of them would get a word in edgewise and they'd just hotel-hop until Tessa goy back on her feet. She didn't want to get too attached to Steve, and if he got attached to her, bad things would happen to both of them.

Tessa ran a hand through her hair as steve came out of the bathroom, sitting down across from her with a small smile.

"Could I borrow your phone?" Tessa asked, earning a nod from steve. "and maybe we could visit a friend of mine. She lives in Queens. Holding my stuff for me."

"Of course," Steve said, handing Tessa his phone. "don't break it please."

"You've got Stark money, and I'm not that cruel." Tessa stood, walking onto the balcony, dialing the first number on the piece of paper she shoved in her pocket.