⁰⁹, can you feel it?

09

I CAN FEEL THE FLAMES ON MY SKIN
( crimson red paint on my lips )

══════════════════

JUNE 17, 2015

JUNE 17, 2015

BLACK HEELS, BLACK DRESS, GUN IN A THIGH HOLSTER. Tessa grinned as she stepped out of her apartment, walking downstairs to her car, driving down through Brooklyn. She parked near a hotel in manhattan that just happened to have a ballroom fit for the taste of her target, a newlywed couple that was only getting married for money and business, to extend this thing the guy's parents have going.

This was the first step. there was a lot of illegal trade here, and of course, she could get intel and take down the members of the House of Cards at this wedding.

She walked in and went directly to the bar, looking around quietly.

"anything I can do for you miss?" The bartender, a nice woman with pink hair asked. Tessa squinted slightly, there was the same scar on her neck that Tessa had.

"An old-fashioned, please," Tessa said. The girl turned around, and Tessa saw it. Her marker was on the back of her arm, laced in jet black ink, dragged on by a needle that permanently etched her skin with memories that would be able to haunt her. She was a six of spades.

Tessa had a very similar Tattoo. It was an ace, the same spade as the girl. The girl, however, was still trapped and forced to work here. To the House, Aces were high. That meant that they were placed in the best positions, were treated the best. The living conditions went up slowly as the cards became higher. Sixes jobs at events like these were bartending and waiting on people.

"thank you," Tessa said with a small smile, taking her drink with a smile. It had a toothpick with two maraschino cherries on the top and she smiled to herself, walking into the party.

She stood alone at a high topped table, playing with the toothpick in her drink.

"Hello," A voice behind her said.