¹³, homesick

13

SO I FLY THEM ALL AROUND THE WORLD

( and let them think they saved me )

══════════════════

THREE HOURS LATER

THREE HOURS LATER

"IT'S LIKE, I DON'T KNOW, NOT HORRIBLE," Tessa said, shaking out the blanket and putting it on the couch, fixing a semblance of a bed for her sister.

"Of course not! you made out with Captain America!" Delilah grinned. She wore pajamas and shoved her toothbrush back into her duffle bag. She handed one to Tessa, whose hand reached for her back as she stood.

"We did not make out." Delilah smiled at this, taking her lip between her teeth.

"Maybe, but you wanted to."

Tessa rolled her eyes, walking back into the kitchen, Duke on her heels. She threw away the takeaway container and wiped down the counter.

"Thank you again for letting me stay unannounced," Delilah said, sitting cross-legged on the couch.

"Of course. Just call next time." Delilah puffed out a breath and leaned back. "If you need anything, wait until morning. or look in the kitchen."

"Thanks, I love you."

"Love you too." Tessa walked into her room, closing the door behind her. She slipped into bed and opened her phone, an unread text from Steve hanging in her notification bar. She clicks it open, mind repeating

You left your jacket here

Sorry

My sister showed up today. We might need your help on a mission tomorrow. If you're available?

Of course. Whatever you need.

Despite herself, she grinned. She felt greedy. She spent the past few weeks just working with him, dragging out their time as much as possible. Before missions, his arm draped over the wheel as he told her a story that would sting in her mind, making her think about something she could do as she made breakfast. Once, she went out and bought him a record, something he mentioned in passing. It sat on her bookshelf, lingering like the scent of him on her heart.