iii.

★彡 [ɪ'ᴍ ʙᴀᴛᴍᴀɴ ]彡★

★彡 [ɪ'ᴍ ʙᴀᴛᴍᴀɴ ]彡★

The two had been lurking around the city for hours, night soon falling, trying to pinpoint where their target was, but it was always moving as if she knew that she had followed, and it irritated both Lia and Yelena to no end.

"Are you sure your tracker is actually working?" Yelena questioned.

"Just when I thought you were starting to have some faith in me, Belova," Lia sighed as the two walked down the street.

"What is it?" Yelena asked her, who suddenly halted in her tracks, showing the tracking device to the blonde.

The red glowing dot had disappeared from her tracker. Lia scanned the alleyway in front of them. Somehow, her instinct told her that the alleyway was the reason for the disappearance of the signature.

Yelena turned to Lia, seemingly thinking the same thing. "I'll go through the back. You watch the front."

The blonde drew her gun out before cautiously entering the alleyway, remaining in the shadows. Lia watched her disappear in the darkness before walking over to a good position, waiting for her partner to get into position.

She climbed on an overhanging piece of pipe to gain her momentum as she swung back and forth before launching herself over a fire escape ladder, climbing onto the rooftop for a better view.

Lia let out a low deep sigh, keeping an eye out for trouble, waiting for a response from Yelena. She had no idea how long time had passed when a dog barked in the distance. She ignored the barks, almost missing a faint sound far in the distance in the process.

Her eyes snapped towards where she heard it, growing alert. It couldn't have been Yelena, she would've told her her position. A faint blur of black appeared out of the right corner of her eye at the end of another alley rooftop. 

It almost quickly disappeared from her view. Lia hopped from the edge of the railing towards another rooftop, sprinting towards the area where she had seen the blur of black originate from, knowing her eyes didn't play tricks on her.

"Yelena?" Lia touched her comn. "What happened?"

Yelena's grunting voice came through. "Ran into our dear friend, Ivanova."

"Hah, my tracker did not fail me," Lia stated gleefully.

Yelena could practically feel the Lia's grin from the other end, gritting her teeth. "If you're done celebrating, Herondale, she ran off into your direction."

"I see her." Lia narrowed her eyes, watching the figure of black sprint ahead of her.

The nephilim jumped from rooftop to another rooftop skilfully, gaining closure every passing second. Her sixth sense suddenly began to buzz crazily, and ducked just in time as bullets rained over her head.

Lia clenched her teeth, propelling herself straight at Ivanova in a blink of an eye, sending them both crashing into a nearby edge. The nephilim twisted the gun out of the assassin's hand before pointing it at her forehead.

"Where is the Red Room located?" Lia demanded.

"That speed. You aren't human," Ivanova stated, panting slightly.

Lia growled. "Quit stalling. I won't repeat again. Where is it?" 

"Or what? You'll shoot me?" The assassin taunted, letting out a chuckle.

"No." Lia grabbed her roughly by the collar and yanked her forward, their faces inches apart from one another.

"You'll suffer through something far worse," the nephilim growled, her eyes glowing a dangerous gold shade.

There was a glint of fear in Ivanova's eyes. "Who really are you?"

Lia smirked sadistically, the cold gun pressing harshly against the assassin's temple. "Your worst nightmare. Now talk."

"I'm not sure. Last I heard, they were meeting up at a gala event in Malaysia to plan where to-" Before Ivanova could finish, a silent bang echoed through the air.

Lia's eyes widened, her senses buzzing crazily once again. She could only sidestep, watching with wide eyes as a bullet lodged itself into Ivanova's skull, her lifeless grey eyes boring straight into her own ones.

She whipped her head towards the direction where the bullet had originated from, making out a sniper hiding amongst the shadows a few buildings away. Lia cursed under her breath, sprinting towards the building to find Yelena already engaged in combat with a dozen of people in black suits.

Lia dropped down beside the blonde just in time to catch a blade that would've no doubt stabbed Yelena, twisting it out of the sniper's grip, making him drop it with a yelp before punching him hard in the face, knocking him out as he fell to the ground with a thud.

"Duck," the nephilim ordered, grabbing the knife from the fallen man.

Yelena did what she was told as Lia threw the knife towards the last man that was advancing towards her as it lodged itself deep into his calf, making him growl in agony. The blonde took this chance and ran towards him, delivering a roundhouse kick to his face, knocking him out.

Yelena glanced at Lia, navigating her way through the fallen agents in the black suits before them towards her.  "I heard the gunshot. What happened?"

"Glad to know that you care about me getting shot," Lia stated sarcastically before her expression turned serious. "The sniper killed her before I had the chance to interrogate her further. But I know where I next stop is."

Yelena raised an eyebrow in slight curiosity. "Where?" 

"Malaysia."