v.

★彡[ ʟᴇᴛ'ꜱ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, ꜱʜᴀʟʟ ᴡᴇ? ]彡★

Lia's gaze was fixated on the group of men a few metres before her out of the corner of her eye, keeping an eye Yelena as well, as the blonde was currently engrossed in a conversation with a dark-haired man.

The man smirked, leading Yelena ahead towards the elevator while the nephilim slowly trailed behind, catching sight of a key card before the two disappeared from her view.

"What's a pretty face like you doing up here?" A blond-haired man asked, halting her in her tracks. 

"Shouldn't you be downstairs enjoying the party?" Lia forced a smile at him as he raised an eyebrow at her. 

"I was ..." The dark-haired female pondered before shaking her head. "Yeah no, I'm not doing this."

She grabbed him in a headlock, flipping him roughly to the ground before kicking him against his temple knocking him out. She crouched, obtaining a key card from his pocket before making her towards the elevator, a triumphant smirk on her lips.

Lia walked out as the doors opened with a ding to find a few men lying unconscious on the ground, courtesy of Yelena who stared at her with an unimpressed expression, carrying a suitcase.

"Took you long enough."

"Sorry. My fault for taking my sweet time," Lia replied sarcastically before gesturing towards the suitcase. "What's in there?"

Yelena shrugged. "I don't know. But it seemed really important to the Red Room. And it's heavy."

"We should leave quickly then. I sense it isn't just any ordinary suitcase," Lia stated and Yelena nodded as the two made their way through the corridor before coming across another hallway intersection.

Lia glanced around. "Which way should we-"

"Look out!" Yelena lunged at Lia, sending them both crashing to the ground as bullets fired at the spot they were in mere seconds ago.

The blonde swiftly reached out to her gun, glancing from the side of the wall before firing skilfully at the shooters who dropped dead seconds later. She glanced at Lia who stood up beside her, a smirk dancing across her lips.

"You know it's cute that you tried to protect me and all, but you're like a foot shorter than me- Ow!" Lia yelped in pain, caressing her shin which Yelena kicked a bit too roughly, might she add, again.

"Shut up, you dumbass. I don't give a single care about what happens to you," the blonde shoved past her, retrieving the suitcase. "And for the record, I'm only four inches shorter."

"Right." Lia grinned, jogging after her. "Thank you though."

"Whatever." Yelena shrugged before sprinting. "We need to hurry."

Lia suddenly furrowed her eyebrows, halting in her tracks. "Wait."

The blonde turned to her. "What is it?"

Lia didn't answer but instead glanced around warily, her fingers grasping onto her gun tightly as her eyebrows furrowed. Her senses suddenly buzzed crazily, her eyes widening.

"Duck!"

The two ducked just in time to see a shield flying over them with insane speed, and would've chopped them in half if they didn't dive to the ground just in time. A man wearing tactical body armour slowly walked forward towards them, staring at the suitcase in Yelena's hands.

"This is not good," Yelena grumbled.

Lia glanced at the blonde in slight confusion. "What?"

"That's Red Room's ultimate weapon, Taskmaster. We're screwed," Yelena stated as the two began to sprint the other way.

"There must be a way to stop him," Lia tried.

Yelena shook her head. "He can mirror any moves or skills we do. I don't think we can." 

"Well, that's pleasing to know. Loving your optimism."

"I really hate you," Yelena grumbled, ducking through another wall.

"Why? I'm lovely," Lia replied, shooting at the guards trailing behind them.

The two came across a dead end, turning back around to see a group of agents making their way up the floor towards them.

Lia glanced at them, gritting her teeth. "I'll distract them."

"What?"

"I'll buy you some time. The suitcase seems to be really important if they're sending in the whole team to retrieve it. We can't let them get their hands on it. Just, go."

Yelena looked like she wanted to argue but nodded reluctantly. "Don't do anything stupid, Herondale."

"No promises," Lia smiled, pulling out two knives out of her pocket as Yelena sprinted the other direction, up the stairs, not looking back.

Lia charged towards them, stabbing through the two that were about to attack her, before ducking through another that came up behind her but not before she managed to land a cut on her arm.

She kicked the woman back, sending her flying against a nearby wall, before throwing her knife at her as the blade impaled itself into her chest. Lia then glanced around her, seeing herself slowly starting to get surrounded by dozens of agents. 

They all had their weapons aimed at her, ready to shoot any second. Lia simply smirked to herself as she clenched her fists, her eyes beginning to glow a fiery golden shade of colour.

"You all want to fight? Then let's fight, shall we?" And with that, she lunged at them.