vii.

★彡[ ᴀᴡ, ᴀᴍ ɪ ɴᴏᴛ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ? ]彡★

It wasn't difficult for Lia to distract and get rid of the rest of the agents. She made sure that she wasn't being followed before using the window to get back into the hotel room which was fortunately open. She landed with a hard thump onto the ground below her, almost losing her head off by Yelena's knife. The blade was mere inches away from the nephilim's neck.

She seemed unfazed as she stared at the blonde, who was dressed in a clean pair of clothes. "Hi."

The blonde stared at the dishevelled nephilim. "You look like crap."

"Thank you for stating that," Lia scowled slightly.

The nephilim's hair was a mess with remnants of smoke and soot, her pantsuit had cuts littered everywhere and her whole front torso was stained crimson from her dried blood. She walked past the blonde, grabbing her bag which laid against the couch before pulling out a fresh pair of clothes.

She made her way towards the bathroom to change peacefully before Yelena could bombard her with any questions. A few minutes later, she walked out, dressed in a pair of black pants and a grey hoodie.

The nephilim plopped herself comfortably on the couch, taking a sip of from her water bottle, acting as if the events that had happened in the past few hours had never occurred. Lia glanced at Yelena who stared at her cynically in an awkward tense silence.

"Sooooo," Lia started, flashing her a grin. "What do you want to know about me?"

Yelena crossed her arms. "Who really are you?"

"I am known as a nephilim, part human and part angel," Lia explained. "My father was a fallen angel, Ezrael, or Ezra to the mundane world. He fell in love with my mother, Dina Herondale, who was a human, and a SHIELD agent. Thus creating me, a handsome half human and half angelic being."

"Dreykov didn't kill both my parents. Only my mother, because she got so close to leaking all his plans to the world," Lia revealed, sighing. "I was eight when she was killed. He tried going after my father and I but Dreykov could never manage to even land a scratch on my father, even with his whole army of widows."

A sad smile grace Lia's lips at the memory. "My father had lived his life in the mundane world for as long as he could, but he was tired of it all, especially with his wife no longer being there beside him. And, I didn't blame him. He passed down his blessings upon me when I was eighteen before fading away. Yet to the world, he was proclaimed dead by the Red Room."

Yelena was having a hard time keeping a straight face as she nodded. "Are there any more of you?"

"Aw, am I not enough for you?" Lia smirked but it was soon replaced by a sad expression. "There aren't many of my kin left. Almost all of them had faded centuries ago, and those that are left ... well, I have no clue where they are." 

It was quiet for a few moments before Yelena spoke, sarcasm evident in her tone. "So, you have angelic wings and fly around blessing people, lovely."

"Yes, but no." Lia shrugged casually while Yelena blinked. "Only the most powerful of nephilims can call upon wings without disintegrating from the sheer angelic power, which definitely isn't me. I have superhuman strength, speed, agility and healing factor."

The nephilim rolled up her shirt slightly to reveal the gunshot wound which was now only a temporary bruise. "See, I'm able to fully heal from these kind of wounds quickly. I'm not immortal, but it's very very very hard to try and get rid of me."

"Yelp, there goes my plan of throwing you off this window," Yelena stated impassively.

Lia's expression turned to one of mock hurt. "Wow, and here I thought we were finally starting to get along, Belova."

"But how can you speak Russian?" It had been bothering the blonde since the beginning.

"I have omnilingualism, which means I can understand, write and communicate in any languages," she answered before adding in Russian. "It's a pretty handy trait."

"Look, I'm sorry for not telling you all this. I mean even if I did, you'd think I was crazy which you already think I am nonetheless, and it wouldn't help the situation any more. You probably wouldn't understand," Lia sighed. "But I'm kinda glad I don't have to keep it a secret anymore."

"I do understand," Yelena replied, a genuine smile forming on her face. "And thank you, for saving my life."

"Anytime." Lia found herself smiling too.

She then glanced at the suitcase which was lying open beside a computer, containing a bunch of red vials. "What did you find in that suitcase that was so important to the Red Room and us risking our precious lives for?"

"There were these stash of red vials and a flash drive. I plugged the drive in the computer and it revealed to be some sort of antidote to free the widows out of the mind control," Yelena explained.

Lia inspected the vials. "So, what's our next plan?"

Yelena had a thoughtful look on her face before answering. "We head to Budapest."