Chapter 14

(Third Person's POV)

Kota had been awoken by the sound of a door shutting loudly behind her. With a grunt, she slowly sat up, looking around her surroundings, only to see that she was somewhere unfamiliar. She got to her feet and had suddenly realized that she was in a cell.

"How did this happen?" She whispered and touched her head, a headache was starting to come on. She looked through the little window of the cell and saw two guards. "Hey! Let me out! You've got the wrong person!" She yelled but they continued to pay no attention to her.

She banged on the cell in anger before sliding down, feeling restless. This felt like the time she was captured with Aang by Zhao, she was completely helpless. If it weren't for Zuko, she would've either been used and tortured, or dead. She clutched the necklace in her hands, hoping it would bring her some courage. She then gazed down at it, silently pleading that he would come and rescue her again.

~

"A message from the royal palace." A man came forward to Iroh and handed him a letter.

Iroh looked at the letter curiously as he began to read it and became wide-eyed. "I...I can't believe it."

Zuko walked toward Iroh, seeing his uncle's surprised expression. "What is it Uncle?"

"Great news!" Iroh exclaimed with a bright smile. "We've been invited to serve tea to the Earth King!"

Zuko smiled at his cheerfulness. "Great! Let's go tell Kota." He started to walk out until Iroh stopped him.

"Hold on. It says here that Kota is at the palace with them right now." Iroh reread the letter. "Perhaps she informed them." He ran away happily as Zuko's smile remained plastered on his face.

Meanwhile...

"Let me out!" Kota yelled and resumed her actions to bang on the door. To her luck, the door opened wide but to her dismay, the person was not someone she wanted to see.

"Well well, don't you look cozy in your little get up." Azula smirked as Kota glared back harshly.

"How did you even find us?" She growled, staring her down.

"Oh it was easy. A little birdie told me that Zuzu and my Uncle were here in this very city." She taunted, circling me. "Oh and might I mention, that little birdie is someone you might know. A Waterbender you once called your sister."

Kota's eyes widened then became ice cold as she charged toward Azula. Unfortunately, rocks appeared and flung her back to the wall, keeping her trapped. "No! What have you done with her?" She struggled against grips of the rocks. "You hurt her and I swear I'll-"

"You'll what?" Azula challenged and stepped toward her. "You won't do a thing. From what I see, you're helpless."

"Don't. Touch. My. Sister." Kota sneered a warning to her.

"Oh don't worry, I won't hurt her just yet." Azula turned and looked over her shoulder with a smirk. "Something tells me she'll be having good company with Zuzu."

~

"What's taking so long?" Zuko asked impatiently.

"Maybe the Earth King overslept." Iroh pointed out but the thought still didn't make sense to either of them.

"But shouldn't Kota be here?" After Zuko's question, Dai Li agents began to surround them both. "Something's not right." He muttered as he looked around.

"It's tea time." Azula announced which made angry expressions appear on Zuko and Iroh's face.

"Azula."