Quarter 1: A Friendly Visit

"Oi, Bakagami! No sleeping between practices!" Riko practically kicked Kagami off the bench causing him to fall, face first, to the floor.

"I WASN'T SLEEPING!!" Kagami defended as he angrily got up.

"Then why are you drooling?" Hyuuga adjusted his glasses and everyone held their silent giggles. Bakagami, they laughed.

"EH?!! This isn't drool this is--" Kagami flustered as he tried to wipe it off, at the same time trying to think of a cool comeback.

"I know!" Izuki suddenly beamed. "Kagami was just drool-libling (dribbling)."

Silence~ Seirin facepalm.

"Die Izuki!" It was Hyuuga's turn to kick Izuki as everyone laughed. Izuki always had that crazy knack for thinking out weird corny puns and somehow, Hyuuga got annoyed every single time.

"Ah! I get it!" Teppei suddenly said and everyone looked at him. "Izuki made a pun on the word dribbling. Hahahaha! Good one Izuki!" Teppei's laughter echoed across the gym.

Silence ~ Serin facepalm #2.

"Die Teppei!" Riko and Hyuuga actually did a double-team on the huge center who just laughs it all out.

"Tch...seriously, how noisy..." Kagami had wiped the last of his drool off.

"But you were the one who started this mess." A voice spoke beside him and Kagami jumped in surprise. He was staring down at the teal-headed teen who was looking up at him with the same emotionless blue eyes -- Kuroko.

"Kuroko!! You have got to stop doing that! Otherwise I'd get a heart attack!" He yelled but the guy practically just stared at him.

"But I was here all the --" He began to protest but Kagami had another thing to worry about.

"Arf! Arf!"

Kagami looked down to see that Nigou, the annoying dog, was looking up at him.

Silence~

"ARGHHHH! GET THAT MONSTER AWAY FROM ME!!!" Kagami ran all around the gym with Nigou chasing after him.

"Hmm...doesn't it seem that Kagami-kun's running faster than before?" Koga, the cat-faced senior, asked anxiously and Riko was actually considering the thought.

"I guess so. Hmm..." Riko smiled and soon the entire Seirin team was moved away in fear.

"Ano..."  Hyuuga adjusted his glasses as a sweat bead

ed down his forehead, "Coach doesn't smile like that unless she's up to something scary." Suddenly, Riko's smile grew darker.

Gulp...You mean really scary~ the Seirin team chorused as they made a mental note to stay as far away from Riko as possible.

Suddenly --

"Well what do we have here?"

The entire team stops and looks to the newcomer, even Kagami slides down to the floor as Nigou victoriously bites his shoelaces. Riko's eyes narrow steadily as she fixed her gaze to the guy who was holding a basketball with that ridiculous grin on his face. Before she could speak, however, Teppei stood infront of her.

"What brings you here, Shogo Haizaki?" Teppei asks, in his usual friendly tone. Only Teppei could remain so calm before a prospective enemy. Haizaki, however, smiles at the gesture and invites himself in.

"I was just around the neighborhood when I suddenly had the urge to visit my..." He walked towards the group, dribbling the ball in his hands. His narrow eyes focus on the last possible person, "...little friend, Kuroko." He stops right infront of the bluenette who share the desire to stare at each other's eyes. But Haizaki wasn't permitted a second longer as Kagami stepped in between the two. He easily gazed angrily into the unwelcomed guest's eyes and stood proudly.

"Quit the acting Haizaki," Hyuuga breaks the tense atmosphere, "a scrubby guy like you doesn't make friendly visits." Haizaki backs off from Kagami's staring contest and laughs it out. He returns a sly smile and licks his thumb as he begins to dribble casually the basketball.

"Oh c'mon guys, seriously! I thought I made some kind of impression on you." Haizaki shrugged, pretending to ignore the murderous stares of the team. None of the Seirin members knew what to do next if Haizaki would do something dangerous -- plus he really looked like he would. But there was one thing they were sure about, Haizaki was trouble.

Big trouble.

"What is it that you want Haizaki-kun?" Kuroko spoke from behind all of them and Haizaki stops dribbling. For once, he just shrugs and starts walking around the court. Suddenly, he smiles, a dark sinister smile.

"Revenge."

The word echoes across the gym and all Seirin members spring into action -- each readying himself for a fight if such would arise. Even Teppei was at a tense moment. Suddenly, Haizaki laughs.

"Oh don't be silly, of course I wouldn't take revenge on a bunch of sissies like you!" He insults and everyone gets more mad.

"Why you--" Kagami begins to clench his fist when Kuroko steps forward and faces the crazy monster before him. Even Haizaki is surprised.

"The only sissy here, is you Haizaki-kun."

The team couldn't decide what transfixed them more -- Kuroko's bluntness or the way he insulted Haizaki in a polite way (usage of honorifics) -- but either way, they were impressed. Haizaki was also fazed by Kuroko's words as he stepped back.

"Tch...Big words coming from a midget like you, Tetsu." Haizaki tried to return the favor. But Kagami knew better.

"Leave Haizaki, or else I'll gladly show your butt the doorway out." He hissed and Haizaki merely shook his head in annoyance. Defeated, he slowly walked away. The atmosphere was slowly soothing itself when suddenly --

"Oi Tetsu..." Haizaki called out as the team went back to its practice, "You'll be wishing you hadn't called me a sissy soon." And with that, the monstrous Haizaki was finally out of Seirin's gym.

"Yeesh, what was that all about?" Koga asked in exhiliration as he sat on the bench beside Mitobe.

"I dunno, but knowing Haizaki, he's probably frustrated because he lost to Kise. Figuring that we defeated Kise, maybe he had a random thought that if he could defeat us, he'd also defeat Kise." Tsuchida shrugged as he wiped his sweat off.

"Maybe." Hyuuga said. "But regardless of the case, if he wants revenge, he'd have to beat us in basketball first." Firing up the team's spirit, everyone decided to continue on the practice match. Teppei was still seated on the bench when he realized that Kuroko hadn't moved from the spot where he was earlier. Knowing how unusual that was, he decided to approach the guy.

"Yo, Kuroko!" He said in an upbeat tune and found himself trying to cheer him up. "Don't let him get to you. He was just probably messing with us." He patted the bluenette on his head and started to head back to the bench when--

"I know Teppei-senpai. But I just can't shake off the feeling that Haizaki's visit meant more than just a friendly chat."

At first Teppei was thinking of doing one of Izuki's jokes but when he saw Kuroko's face, his thoughts were wiped away.

In the midst of the blue eyes, Teppei saw that there was a struggle brewing. Something he couldn't really describe but in a word, he saw -- fear.