Chapter 4

The week passed fast and I met with Mr

The week passed fast and I met with Mr. Stefano, we talked through the details of the deal. Of course, it wasn't without his drunk flirting and hints of paying a visit to his private lounge with beautiful paintings. He surely seemed interested specifically in them.

As we were sitting in a restaurant near a beautiful art of an Asian sunset, Stefano drew his attention to it and noted. "Such a beautiful piece of art, yes?" His dark red suit with black shirt emphasized his interest in looking well.

I coerced my client to wait until I was done with a piece of seafood and agreed. "Indeed,"

The restaurant in New York where we arranged to gather was one of the fancy ones. Yet, it differed due to extremely dim lights, the only source of lightening were real rose scented candles. It was a traditional Chinese restaurant.

Stefano gave me the glad eyes and coquetted "You know, I have so many as beautiful paintings as this one. What are your plans for today's evening?"

I ignored his question, maintaining concern regarding the contract I was going to sign. "As for the information, I'd like to know what kind of recourses you need?"

He guffawed, taking a sip of Baijiu, a traditional Chinese alcoholic drink that tastes like sweet rotten fruit with a touch of nuttiness. "Vincent keeps the codes in a secret room in his library," he paused for a second, studying the psychology of my body as if he doubted my skills as an assassin, continuing with the same seductive charisma of a middle-aged man. "Not the slaughterhouse but the library. My father, ah, Oggi in figura, domani in sepoltura."

Stefano looked at me, as he elucidated to me the sentence in Italian he has just said. "Today in person, tomorrow in a grave, that's what I said. You see my father had died a long time ago . . ."

Furthermore, Stefano kept on bouncing between different topics, blabbing about how he was meant to take the throne instead of the young De Vitto, and then he mourned his father in great memory. Eventually, I gathered all the useful pieces of information for my mission.

The plan is in action from now on. All I have to do is discover ins and outs of De Vitto's mafia businesses, find the key and the map of the hidden underground house, which door, apparently, was in the so-denounced library. Last, I will have to dispose of Vincent and pass on the information to my client.

It's the day I'm going to meet the devil himself. The unknown feeling hasn't stopped bothering me since this morning. It wasn't fear, nor was it bafflement, it felt obnoxiously weird. The club opens in 4 hours and the ride there will take about 30 minutes, thanks to evening Friday traffic.

For tonight, my choice stopped on deep blue contact lenses and no wig, I had my natural dark brown, tailbone length hair slightly curled at the edges. I also decided to use fake side bangs, matching the shade of my natural hair.