Chapter 5

Men are likely to think about women in different words, however, I see the way my dad looks at my mum.

Tonight is the opening of "Chantelle", my new club. I had to fly from Napoli to New York only to deal with the process. My choice was to loosen up a bit, as I've been overly hectic with work. Who am I kidding, I never rest, I think to myself.

My private pilot called me 10 minutes ago claiming that the plane was ready. Good for me, I am already near the location. My obsidian black Rolls Royce Wraith made sure I drove to the private airport fast while maintaining my drive sufficiently enjoyable. The time is half past ten, it's dark outside. Nevertheless, the caramel leather salon is lit up with dim star sky - one of my favorite features in Rolls Royce.

I've been considering visiting my warehouse in New York to check on soldiers and pay a visit to some of my allies. Lately, there have been troubles with small gangs, but they didn't seem to incur extensive damage. Everything was being handled.

My phone rings, violating the analysis of my following moves. As soon as I see the caller's id, I reply, jutting my chin. "Marco, where the hell are you? We have a jet waiting for us to set off."

Marco is my underboss. We've been friends since we were kids. Our parents were quite close business partners, so it explains the friendships between our families. He is only one year younger than me, however, very often it feels like he's stuck at the age of 17 - his behavior seldom shows it. Marco always, well, almost, acts like a hormonal teenager.

Marco's chuckle is heard clearly through my phone, and I don't have to predict how wide his beam is to hear my annoyance. "Hahaha, papà is pissed,"

I put the phone on the loudspeaker and focus on the road, my nose wishes to turn in a sneer but he wouldn't see my delight. "Marco, what's going on? You sound," I clear my throat "Hypermasculine.."

"I thought you had a daddy kink." The way he responds, compels me into pushing the pedal of gas harder, and I do, mentally. We have already discussed with him the aftermath of my 23d birthday. No more strippers and Astrid, that birthday gift ended up being a perpetual pain in my ass, not a one-time thing. They say - "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

Marco's voice comes out in the most annoying way he could have ever done. "Wait, are you homophobic?"

I exhale my bafflement, massaging my temple to keep calm. As I am getting fed up with his jokes, I grit my teeth, uncovering my irritation with him. "You have 5 minutes to-"

But Marco has the balls to cut me off, I feel him rolling his eyes, as he says, knowing better, than crossing the line. "Chill, I'm on the jet,"

"Good, see you there," I promptly hang up and throw gently my phone on the empty seat next to me, sighing.