|𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗶𝗿𝗶𝘂𝘀 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸|

Fall quickly faded into Winter, and the snow was falling as it always did

Fall quickly faded into Winter, and the snow was falling as it always did. Mariana Rosewood had been exceptionally busy with all of her classes, especially Potions, and hadn't found any time for herself.

So, when Hogsmeade time swung around, Mariana was delighted to know that she would finally be getting a break from her every day routine. The brunette was chatting with Ron and Hermione as they made the long trudge down to the quaint town when she felt someone tug her hair.

"Braids today? I'll have to give it to you sister, they're very cute." Genevieve Rosewood sarcastically commented.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Mariana asked, looking over at Ron and Hermione and feigning confusion. "Oh wait, now I remember, you're my sister! I seemed to have forgotten since you've became too cool to hang out with me."

"I'm older than you, I was practically born cooler. That's how it works, little one." Genevieve shot back, throwing an arm around her sister.

The Ravenclaw groaned in annoyance and shook the intrusive arm off. "Then go be cool somewhere else."

"I see you've started hanging out with Gryffindor's finest trio. Hermione, Ron, how are you?" Genevieve asked, ignoring her sister's dismissal.

"Not good. I wish Harry was here." Ron grumbled, "I'm stuck hanging out with girls, no offense."

"Always the complainer." Mariana mutters as she rolls her brown eyes at Ron. He disregarded her with a scoff and averted his attention back to Genevieve.

"Oh, don't pout. Maybe you're just not hanging out with the right girls. I could set you up with a cute little Hufflepuff if you wanted." Genevieve suggested.

Ron's eyes gleamed with terror and he was about to shake his head when Hermione spat, "That won't be necessary."

Genevieve smirked deliberately and leaned down and whispered something in Hermione's ear that made her gasp. And then, with a salute to her little sister which was returned with much annoyance, Genevieve Rosewood strutted off.
-
"It's meant to be the most haunted building in Britain. Did I mention that?" Hermione queried peacefully, studying the Shrieking Shack with interest.

"Twice." Ron forced out nervously.

"Do you want to move a bit closer?" Hermione asked.

"Huh?"

"To the Shrieking Shack."

"Well, actually, I'm fine here." Ron answered.

During their interaction, Mariana was leaned up against a nearby tree, scribbling in her journal. It was a common thing to see the brunette's head buried in the raggedy little book. It was her outlet, her escape, and she appreciated the comfort of it more than anything. Mariana was enjoying her alone time when a familiar, obnoxious voice rang in her ears.