|𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲|

It was a week into Christmas break and although Mariana wasn't pleased when her father demanded her presence at home, she could admit that it hadn't been absolutely terrible. Although, she was sure that was only because her father hadn't bothered her.

Genevieve had been locked up in her room the whole time, like she always did when she was home. Octavius Rosewood and his eldest daughter didn't favor each other at all. He practically erased her from his life when she was sorted into Gryffindor.

Mariana didn't like her father much either, but she obeyed him out of fear, no matter how cowardly it made her. So, when he came to visit her on a chilly Monday evening, she wasn't thrilled.

"I have a present for you." He announced, a small smile—barely noticeable—sat on his face. Mariana smiled (she loved receiving gifts even more than she loved giving them), and closed her book, casually patting the spot on her bed next to her.

Octavius Rosewood formally sat down, propping his right leg on his left one. He pulled a small, wooden box out of his pocket and leisurely handed it over to her.

Mariana took it into her hands and noticed the coat of dust that covered it. This told her one thing: It had been locked up somewhere for a long time. Pushing her hesitation aside, Mariana opened the box and gasped at what lay inside.

It was a beautiful necklace. The silver chain was nothing to look at—something you'd easily see anywhere in the muggle world. But the stone that would land perfectly on Mariana's chest...was beautiful. It was a luminous green and it looked to have depths of swirls and twists buried beneath the surface.

"It's gorgeous." She said. Her brown eyes were filled with awe as she stared down at the necklace.

"Mariana, I need to tell you something." Octavius said, his voice gruff and hard.
She tilted her head in question, and that was enough of an opening for her father to begin speaking. "I used to have a sister."

Mariana's eyes jerked up to meet his in shock. "What?"

"I had a sister. Her name was Clementine."

"You had a sister. She died, didn't she? In the Wizarding War?" Mariana queried, needing to know everything about her new-found Aunt at once.

Octavius nodded, his head hung down in despair. He couldn't bear to think about his sister for too long. Even the simplicity of her name brought back unimaginable pain. "She was murdered by a member of the Order. His name...his name was..."

"What? What was his name?" Whoever stole her Aunt's life, whoever robbed Mariana of having a relationship with her Aunt, would pay in blood. Mariana would make sure of it.

"His name was James Potter."
-

𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗧 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦

𝗖𝗟𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗘𝗪𝗢𝗢𝗗𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗮 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝘀

𝗖𝗟𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗘𝗪𝗢𝗢𝗗
𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗮 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝘀

𝗖𝗟𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗘𝗪𝗢𝗢𝗗𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗮 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝘀

𝗦𝗜𝗥𝗜𝗨𝗦 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗞
𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝗻 𝗯𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗲𝘀