|𝗔𝗻 𝗨𝗻𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗘𝗻𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿|

•••

•••

Mariana Rosewood felt like she was floating on a cloud. She typically was a very aloof and airy girl, but on that specific day, it was exceptionally heightened. The girl skipped down the corridors of Hogwarts, a large smile plastered on her face.

Students waved and mumbled small hellos and greetings of the like as she made her way through the large school. Mariana was quite popular among Hogwarts, people were naturally drawn to her unique energy. Although, some didn't bother to say hello, too confused by her sudden burst of happiness.

Of course, there was reasoning as to why she felt like she was on top of the world.

Mariana had just spoken to her crush of two years, Cassius Kane. He was a kind Slytherin boy that all of the girls seemed to fancy, his charming attitude drawing everyone in. That wasn't what Mariana liked about him though, although it was one of the benefits.

But the thing that drew the Ravenclaw girl to him was his hobby, painting. She had seen some of his paintings before, and had even witnessed Cassius in the act of creating his art. Most people would care less about his talent, but Mariana certainly did. She felt as if they were similar in a way, both sharing a passion for something they love. Not many people were passionate about things anymore.

Mariana's talent wasn't painting, though, it was playing the violin. She adored it, and even was willing to devote her entire life to it. Mariana loved the gracefulness of the instrument, the way it sounded like a cool summer day but also a frigid winter night, the way that onlookers watched her in awe of her talent. She relished every beautiful aspect of it.

It showed that you don't always need a wand to produce magic.

So, in a way, her and Cassius were very similar, and she didn't find many people like her. It was refreshing to Mariana. But, the Ravenclaw girl didn't realize that what she felt for the boy wasn't a true crush. Mariana failed to notice that she was just comfortable with a familiar soul.

But, her mind couldn't physically process those thoughts in that moment, all she was focused on was his smile, his passion, how big his talent and future success was, everything about him was occupying her mind.

Suddenly, Mariana felt herself come in contact with another student and fall to the ground. She really should have been paying more attention.

"Oh no, Harry look what you've done!" A Gryffindor girl Mariana knew to be Hermione Granger cried. She had only known who she was because Hermione had beat her into the top spot in all of her classes, except Astronomy. Mariana excelled in that class.

"It wasn't exactly my fault, Hermione. It was her who ran into me. No offense." Harry Potter, a boy that she knew only for his last name and legacy, defended. There was also the fact that they had shared several classes with each other in their years of school, though they had never spoken.

"Yes, he's right. It was my fault, my brain was elsewhere." Mariana took the blame, mentally kicking herself for letting her mind be filled with all things Cassius Kane.

Harry sighed and offered his hand down to Mariana, pulling her up. Once she was finally standing up straight, Mariana looked deep into his enchanting green eyes, and smiled softly at him. His round glasses were slightly shifted to the side, and his raven black hair was tousled on top of his head. It looked as if he had spent hours on his perfect hair yet no time at all. Mariana caught herself admiring him and immediately averted her attention elsewhere, not needing another boy on her mind.

Harry, on the other hand, didn't hold back on his part.

He was taken aback by her beauty. Of course, he had seen her many times before but he had never taken the time to really look at her. And, Merlin, was she a sight. Her brown hair was flowing around her face, acting as her own personal halo. He observed Mariana's dark eyes that looked so pure and innocent as she looked off in the distance, and her pink lips that always took the form of a smile just as they were doing in that moment. Harry could feel his cheeks flush.

"Thank you. I'm truly sorry for running into you, it wasn't my intention." Mariana apologized in her voice that was so sweet that Harry believed it dripped with pure honey.

"N-no. I should of been paying m-more attention as well." Harry said, his voice stuttering slightly. The Potter boy truly was terrible with girls, especially pretty ones.

Hermione noticed the pink shade of Harry's cheeks and the interest lurking in his eyes, and smiled to herself. Mariana, herself, couldn't deny that the Gryffindor boy was extremely attractive, but her mind was taken up by Cassius and had been for two years. The thought of possibly liking another boy had never occurred to her.

There was an awkward silence amongst the three, seeing as there wasn't really anything else to say about the situation.

"Well, it was a pleasure to bump into you Harry and you as well Hermione. This altercation, I believe, has been a sign from the universe for me to pay more attention to my surroundings." Mariana commented, her airy voice making Harry practically drool.

The Potter boy was so busy staring at Mariana, that he hadn't even processed what she said, too focused on every aspect of the girl that he found absolutely gorgeous. Angelic even. Hermione noticed this so she cleared her throat and smiled awkwardly at Mariana, not wanting her to grow uncomfortable.

"We'll see you in class, Mariana." Hermione dismissed and grabbed Harry by his robes, dragging him away before he could embarrass himself. She didn't want him losing his chance with the first girl he had ever showed interest in.

Once the two were out of the Ravenclaw girl's hearing range, a knowing smirk took over Hermione's face.

"What are you on about?" Harry asked.

Hermione looked at his cheeks which had finally began to return to their normal color and laughed at her best friend. "You fancy her."

"Do not." Harry defended, practically lying to even himself.

"Just wait until I tell Ron." Hermione remarked.
-

word count: 1051

this chapter was a little on the shorter side, sorry. but this is only the beginning! i'm sorry if the character's are ooc, i tried. but if it's too bad then please comment tips to make them more in character. also, i know that i am sort of jumping right into it but i just absolutely hate stories that drag out the introduction. anyways, i hope you enjoyed chapter one!

chapter fun fact: mariana thinks pinned back hairstyles are sophisticated, but she never does them on herself because she hates her side profile.