|𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗳𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗦𝗵𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗮𝗻𝘀|

Harry awoke to a ray of sunlight peeking through the window. He squinted, the burst of brightness burning his eyes. Once his eyes adjusted to the light difference, his lids fluttered open but he made no move to get up. For a few moments, he wanted to enjoy the rare peace provided. Outside, the birds were chirping a cheerful song and the sun basked on him, warming his entire body. A content smile graced his lips.

Finally deciding it was time to get up, he scooted up into a sitting position. The Potter boy glanced around the room and noticed that Ron was still asleep. Shifting his eyes to her, he realized that she too was still sleeping. And, Merlin, she even looked beautiful while sleeping. Harry felt his heart grow two sizes.

Her hair was deposited around her head in an arc, bending and curling like waves in the ocean. Her eyes were shut but every few moments, her eyebrows would furrow and unfurrow. But, amongst it all, a small smile graced her pink lips. Her.

What was he going to do with her?

He never asked to fall in love with his best friend. He never wanted to more importantly. Hell, he shouldn't lie to himself. Mariana was never just a friend to him. Since the moment they bumped heads, Harry had a felt an undeniable attraction to her. It's his fault and his only that he continued to pursue that friendship. Now, he had no chance. She would never, never think of him as anything more. And that small fact hurt more than anything he could have ever imagined.

Mariana squirmed, her arms stretching up over her head as a yawn left her mouth. A moment after that, her doe eyes fluttered open. Harry averted his gaze before she noticed he had been staring at her.

Little did he know, she had been well aware of his gaze. She felt his eyes burning into her from across the room. She didn't know how she knew but she just did. And, worst of all, she let it happen. She let it happen because she wanted it to happen. That thought scared her most of all.

Mariana glanced over at Harry and smiled. "Good morning, Harry."

He grinned over at her. "Mornin', Ana."

The Ravenclaw quirked a curious brow. "Ana? No one's ever called me that before."

Harry liked that he was the only one to call her that. With that new piece of information, he would never call her anything else again. "Well, then, let me be the first."

Mariana laughed as she pulled herself up from her sitting position. She walked over to Harry and offered her hand. A light blush coated his cheeks as he accepted her help, allowing her to drag him up from the bed. "No time for sleeping, Harry. An amazing day awaits us!"

Harry laughed loudly and agreed with an inaudible mumble. Mariana told Harry to wake Ron up while she checked out what activities were happening downstairs. Halfway down the staircase, Mariana heard an all too familiar voice. With a bright smile, the Ravenclaw rushed down the rest of the stairs and bounded into the kitchen.

Hermione was chatting animatedly with Molly, smiling and giggling. Mariana shouted her friends name and tackled her from behind. Hermione fell to the floor with her brunette friend sprawled on top of her.

"MARIANA!" Hermione squealed before throwing her arms around her best friend and squeezed her tightly. Mariana giggled and rolled over, moving off of her friend.

When the two girls regained their composure--something that took longer than one would expect--they helped Molly finish breakfast. In all honesty, the Weasley mother didn't need help (especially not from two teenagers that were definitely inexperienced in the kitchen), but she did enjoy the quality time that she spent with them. It was reassuring for Molly to know that her youngest son kept good company.

After much hard work--and plenty of gossiping--breakfast was served. Mariana didn't actually think it was possible to get the entire Weasley family (minus Bill and Charlie) seated at a table without complete havoc. But, as it turned out, they respected--feared--their mother enough to settle down for a meal.

The Ravenclaw could practically feel the adrenaline buzzing in the air due to the upcoming Quidditch World Cup. In just a few hours, they'd be there, right in front of all the action. Mariana smiled excitedly.

"What are you on about?" Fred whispered in the brunette's ear, teasing. Out of everyone, Mariana was seated right next to the most rambunctious person at the table. However, she wasn't disappointed in the slightest. Fred was one of those people who's energy was contagious.

Mariana grinned mischievously before leaning over and whispering Fred's biggest secret, something she had discovered about him just last year. Fred's eyes went large as he abruptly jumped up from his seat, his chair clattering on the floor. Mariana stifled her snicker with her hand.

The lively chatter at the table came to a sudden halt as they all turned to Fred, curious as to what his outburst was about. The Ravenclaw could barely contain her smile as he pointed an incriminating finger at her.

"S-she, that girl is a witch!" Fred shouted.

"Well, yes, Fred, I am actually. Great observation." Mariana remarked, sliding a piece of scrambled egg off her fork and chewing slowly, a shit-eating grin spread across her face.

"Oh, you, cheeky little girl!" Fred said as he grabbed a piece of bacon and threw it at her head. Mariana's mouth fell open. He did not just throw food at her. In retaliation, the brunette grabbed a cinnamon roll and chucked it and his face. The whole family laughed as it hit Fred square in the face, the icing spreading all over his face.

George, too drawn to any sort of commotion, couldn't resist himself from chunking a biscuit at Mariana. However, it soared straight over her head and hit none other than Ginny Weasley in the face. George cackled at the fortunate coincidence.

Ginny, as fiery as she was, did not take this lightly. "Oh, you just messed up!"

The ginger picked up her glass of orange juice, marched right up to George, and dunked it over his head, the liquid spilling out all over him. Mariana and Ginny giggled together and high-fived.

A loud laugh left Hermione before she covered her mouth to stifle it in embarrassment. Oh, no, George wasn't letting that slide. "Something funny, Granger?"

She shook her head fervently, desperately not wanting to get anything thrown at her. Although, George had other plans. The Weasley twin reached into a bowl of oatmeal and threw the slosh at her face. Hermione gasped as the oatmeal slid down her face, soaking her shirt.

The bushy-haired girl slowly stood up and turned to George, fury in her eyes. "That got in my hair, you brainless oaf!"

Grabbing the first thing she saw, Hermione grabbed a wooden spoon and chased George around the dining room with it. Bursts of laughter erupted from everyone, watching the hilarious scene unfold in front of them.

Soon, the whole table was throwing food, drinks, and any possible thing you could think of. Throughout it all, Genevieve and Mariana were thinking the same thing. This, this was what a real family was.
-
𝗮/𝗻: 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗔 𝗣𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗔𝗡 𝗙𝗜𝗖 𝗜𝗙 𝗬𝗢𝗨'𝗥𝗘 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗞𝗔𝗬 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗚𝗨𝗬𝗦 𝗠𝗪𝗔𝗛