Chapter 50

Hunter

When I finally open my eyes, my clock reads one in the afternoon. I've been in this bed for fifteen hours. I remember waking up around two in the morning and reaching for Jenna, only to be disappointed and heartbroken. I finally managed to fall back asleep, but it wasn't easy. I reach over and grab my phone, only to see that I have six missed calls and one long ass group text message. The guys have all called at least once and Patrick called multiple times. I forgot to call them when I landed because my mind was focused on finding Jenna. I get out of bed and head to the bathroom, taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth. I am on a mission today to find my girl.

I walk into the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee before I call the guys back. I don't have much of an update for them. I'm no closer to finding Jenna than I was in Aspen. I pour myself a cup of coffee, take a seat at the table and look at the group text message from my dumbass brothers.

Bryson: Dude, answer your phone.

Patrick: Yeah, where are you?

Justin: Leave him alone. He's probably brown chicken, brown cowing it?

Bryson: Your fascination with farm animals is disturbing. What in the hell is that supposed to mean?

Justin: Brown chicken, brown cow? It means bow chick a wow wow.

Patrick: That's very helpful, dumbass. (eyeroll emoji)

Justin: You all need to get out more. I'm saying that Hunter is probably batter-dipping the corndog. Attacking the pink fortress. Launching the meat missile.

Kevin: Please stop talking. It's embarrassing.

Justin: Whatever. I'm just saying that Hunter isn't answering because he's otherwise occupied. You guys should stop being jealous and take notes.

Patrick: You have a lot of room to talk. The only thing that is jealous is your left hand of your right.

Justin: <volcano exploding gif>

Kevin: Idiot.

Bryson: Ok, Hunt. Whenever you get done locking legs and swapping gravy, give us a call.

Justin: Yeah, come up for air...SOON! Don't make the poor girl sore.

Patrick: Hunter, call me first.

Kevin: You think you're special?

Patrick: #Huntersfavorite. <Shaq shimmying his shoulders gif>

Bryson: (middle finger emoji)

I shake my head and pull up Patrick's number. He answers on the second ring.

"What's up, man? I was wondering if you were still alive."

"Yeah, sorry," I apologize. "I totally forgot to call you guys when I landed."

"No worries. I just figured you found Jenna and stayed up all night trying to make babies or some shit like that."

He laughs, but I can't manage to do the same. I'd love nothing more than to be balls deep inside Jenna all day and night, but I have to find her first and I haven't the slightest clue how I am going to do that. My Google search hasn't been as cut and dry as I'd hoped.

"Man, I wish," I tell him. "I haven't found her yet and I still can't decipher those smeared numbers. I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy without her. You got any ideas?"