Chapter 142

It's been a month and a half since our world was flipped upside down. A month and a half since Hunter ridded the world of one corrupt scumbag. The day that he was finally able to put his tragic past completely behind him and look forward to a beautiful and fulfilling future. So many things have happened in that six week period.

First, we finally got our house back. Liz, the slut next door, lost her job after her boss's wife found them in bed together. The homewrecker strikes again. Because she no longer had an income or a sugar daddy, she was evicted from her house. I may or may not have thrown a neighborhood get-together to celebrate her departure.

And our new neighbors...

You guessed it. Elijah and Griffin purchased her house and are now just one side yard away. I figured Hunter wouldn't be overly thrilled considering my history with Griffin, but he pleasantly surprised me. Hell, I think he was probably the most excited out of everybody. He says he's pumped to not have Liz there anymore, and while that may be true, I know him and I guarantee he's overjoyed that he gets to harbor his beloved bromance with Elijah. I like having them close, but I also like having privacy again with my husband. We have enjoyed our quiet evenings together, tacos in hand and Netflix on the TV. We cuddle up on the couch under a blanket every night and finally get the opportunity to have a normal newlywed life without all the...distractions. Plus, I get to walk around without a bra on and we get make passionate love on every countertop in this house.

Second, we are recovering from our injuries nicely. After the swelling in his face finally went down, the fractures had stabilized and he didn't require a titanium plate or any additional surgeries. That was an absolute blessing. My cast has been removed and Hunter's should come off very soon. Not soon enough because the amount of whining I have had to endure from him is chart-topping. I've pulled so many objects out of his hand after I caught him trying to shove them inside the cast to scratch his forearm. I felt like a toddler mom who is constantly pulling stuff out of the kid's mouth. His wounds all healed without any infections, the scars are there but not horribly noticeable and he never got pneumonia on my watch. I may have gloated about my nursing skills a time or two, but that's neither here nor there.

Third, Helen and Patrick are going strong and wedding plans are in full swing. They will be joining us in marital bliss in two short months. They wanted a really short engagement and it's no secret that they want to start making babies as soon as freaking possible. As for the other romances in our group, Elijah and Jade are still coddling their long distance relationship, but I know how much Elijah is struggling. I keep telling him to hold on and things will get better, but there's a lot of pouting going on from that grown ass man. As far as Molly and Bryson, they are head over heels in love. Although Molly doesn't know it, I was recently informed that an engagement ring has been purchased and will be decorating her finger very soon. Why they tell me this exciting news when they know how bad I am at keeping secrets is still a mystery to me.

Kevin has had a couple dates, but nothing has stuck.

But the biggest shocker of them all...

Justin and library girl are proving us all wrong. They have been inseparable and he actually made it through the first chapter of Moby Dick. I mean, I didn't say that he understood any of it, but he made an effort and we are all proud of him for it. She's a little different and I've only been around her a few times, but I'm happy for Justin nevertheless.

And in the romance department, that leaves me with Griffin. This time has not gone without its challenges. Even after all these weeks, I firmly believe that Griffin is still holding out hope that Hunter will share me with him. He will always make my insides stir when he's around because the man is downright gorgeous, enticing, and heart stopping, but I will never allow what happened in the bathroom that day to happen again.