6

Dylan goes to the garage to talk with Jesse about the car, since she hasn't been around much to help because of college

"Hey, Jess. Dylan. What are you both doing up so early?" Brian asks as he walks around the side of the garage where Jesse's camper is.
"Morning. How you doing?" Jesse says as he and Dylan work on the car. "Dude, I've been up all night figuring this shit out. There's a disc in the trailer. I'll be right back. You hang tight. I'm gonna take a piss." Dylan shakes her head with a smile since Jesse is like the little brother that Dylan never had.
"Let's head into the garage," Dylan says before Brian follows her inside.

"Tell me what you think about this," Jesse says as he puts a disc into the computer. "Koni adjustables. Gonna save us about 2 pounds. And they're gonna give us better traction for the hole shot." Jesse scoots to the side, so Dylan can show what she has come up with for the car.
"All right, this is your basic layout of the car. And that's pretty much what it could look like when it's finished. Red, green," Dylan explains as Jesse nods in agreement.

"You both should be going to MIT or something," Brian tells them as he looks at what they had accomplished impressed.
"No, I got that... What's it called? That attention disorder..." Jesse starts to explain.
"ADD," Dylan answers him as she pats his shoulder. "But we love you all the same."
"Yes, that shit. Yeah. You know, I was good in algebra and like math and shit. Everything else I failed. Dropped out of school. I don't know. It's just something about engines that calms me down, you know," Jesse explains, causing Dylan to smile at him as she nods in agreement.

"Alright, lets pack up and go get some grub," Dylan says as she claps her hands together before they leave to the Toretto household.
Dom smiles as he looks up from the grill to see Dylan walking out the back door before she is followed by Jesse and Brian. Dylan is playing basketball with Jesse while Brian watches the pit for Dom, who went inside to get some beers before Letty, Leon, and Vince pull up. Dom walks outside with the beers as he smiles at Dylan and Jesse, loving the brother sister relationship that they have.

"I'm outta here," Vince says as he hands his bags to Leon, having seen Brian.
"Come on, dog," Leon tries to stop him.
"Yo, Dom, D," Letty says getting their attention.
"V, get over here and give us a hand," Dylan calls as Vince starts walking back to his car.
"Looks like you got all the help you need, sister," Vince retorts before getting into his car and driving off.

"Mia!" Dom calls as he puts BBQ sauce on the chicken. "The chicken's almost dry!"
"All right. I'm coming out already," Mia says as she brings out a bowl of rolls. She is followed by Jesse and Brian, who are carrying beers. Mia hugs Dom before they all go sit at the table with Dylan sitting beside Dom. Jesse grabs a piece of chicken and puts it on his plate, causing Dylan to smile as she knew what was coming next.

"Hey, hold up," Dom tells him with a serious look. "Because you were the first to reach in to get the chicken, you say grace." Dylan smiles before crossing her hands.
"Dear heavenly..." Jesse starts but doesn't know how to continue.
"Spirit," Leon says helping him out.
"Spirit. Thank you," Jesse says, causing Dylan to smile even bigger as she makes eye contact with Dom, who has a small smile present. "Thank you for providing us with a direct port nitrous injection, four core intercoolers and ball-bearing turbos and titanium valve springs. Thank you."
"Amen," Letty says as she and Leon clap.
"Not bad," Dom tells him with a nod.
"He was praying to the car gods, man," Dylan says as she pats Jesse on the shoulder before they start fixing their plates.

"Look who it is

"Look who it is. "Old Coyotes 'R' Us"," Leon calls out, causing them to look up and see Vince walking up the driveway.
"I thought you weren't hungry, pumpkin," Letty teases with a smirk.
"You know, I gotta eat," Vince says with a shrug.
"He's always hungry," Dylan says in agreement.
"All right, sit down," Dom says before Vince walks over and kisses the back of Dom's head then squeezes his sister's shoulder.
"How you doing, Mia?" Vince asks as he walks to his seat. Vince grabs Brian's beer before water falling some into his mouth. Brian takes a drink of his beer after Vince sets it back down.

"You coming from the hospital, V?" Dylan asks as she wonders where her brother went. Vince nods as he sets his beer down.
"Yeah," Vince says quietly.
"How's your mother doing?" Dom asks him as he glances at Dylan, who slightly frowns.
"They're giving her shit for the pain," Vince answers him with a slight nod.
"What are they giving her?" Mia asks him, causing Dylan to look at him curiously.
"Something that I can't pronounce," Vince answers her with a small smile.

"Let's make sure we put a plate of food together. Save something for her," Dom suggests as he looks between Dylan and Vince. "Tell her we all said Hello."
"She'd appreciate that," Dylan says with a small nod while giving Dom a thankful smile.
"Let's eat some grub, man," Letty says as she pats Vince on the back.

"So, what's on your mind speed racer?" Dom asks as he looks at Brian. "What are you thinking about?"
"Nothing," Brian says as he slightly shakes his head before grabbing his beer.
"You're in deep thought over there," Dom teases with a smile.
"I just think this is nice," Brian says as he looks around the table
"What's nice?" Dylan asks him with a raised brow.
"All this," Brian answers them as he motions around the table. "You know the picnic and the barbecue. It's like a family."

"What are you? An orphan?" Letty questions him with a raised eyebrow.
"No, it's just whenever I show up my dad always calls the cops," Brian jokes with her causing everyone to laugh.
"That's funny," Dom says as he slaps the table before pointing at Brian. "No cops at the Toretto's house." Vince and Brian take a drink of their beers as they stare at each other. "Rule number one."

Later that night everyone is watching a movie besides Brian and Mia who are cleaning up. Vince ends up getting mad at Brian and Mia before he leaves. After the movie, Dylan walks out on the porch to get some fresh air.
"Hey," Dom says as he walks out wrapping a jacket around Dylan, causing her to smile at him.
"Thanks," Dylan says as she faces him while pulling the jacket tighter around her.

"So, I was wondering if maybe..." Dom tries to get out, causing Dylan to smile as he stumbles over his words. "If you would like to go on a date with me?"
"You know that I don't date my brother's friends," Dylan says with a small smirk while shaking her head.
"I guess I'll have to kick his ass then," Dom says with a matching smirk as all of his nerves go away.
"I'd love to see that since I know you could," Dylan says with a slight laugh. "But honestly, I'd love to go on a date with you."
"Great," Dom says as he smiles at her. She is the only girl to ever make him nervous when asking her out and he liked it.
"I got class tomorrow, so I'll see you tomorrow," Dylan says as she kisses him on the cheek. Dom let's out a happy sigh as he watches her walk inside.