7

The next day, Jesse, Dom, Letty, Leon, Mia, and Brian are at the garage working on the car

"Got a TR7 here, with a ball-bearing upgrade. What it's going to do is, it's going to spool up really quick," Jesse explains as he, Leon, and Letty work on the engine.
"I got this set up for 24 psi," Letty tells Jesse.
"Got it," Jesse says with a nod.

"You got big plans tonight?" Dom asks Brian as they work on the car.
"Yeah. We're going out to dinner," Brian answers with a nod before glancing at Mia.
"You break her heart, I'll break your neck," Dom tells him with a slight glare.
"That's not gonna happen," Brian says hoping he wouldn't have to.
"I want to show you something," Dom says as he wipes his hands off before handing the rag to Brian. Dom takes him to the Toretto household where Dylan is just arriving back from college.

"Hey, guys," Dylan says as Dom walks over to the garage. He opens it to reveal a 1970 Dodge Charger.
"Wow," Brian says with a smile.
"Me and my dad built her. Nine hundred horses of Detroit muscle," Dom explains with a proud smile.
"It's a beast," Brian says as he looks at the car in amazement.
"You know what she ran in Palmdale?" Dom asks him causing Dylan to smile.
"No. What?" Brian answers.
"Nine seconds flat," Dom answers with another proud smile.
"God," Brian says in amazement.

"My dad was driving. So much torque, the chassis twisted coming off the line. Barely kept her on the track," Dom explains with a smile.
"So, what's your best time?" Brian asks him.
"I've never driven her," Dom answers as he glances at Dylan.
"Why not?" Brian asks him confused.
"It scares the shit out of me," Dom answers him before turning and pointing at a picture on the wall. "That's my dad. He was coming up in the pro stock-car circuit. Last race of the season. A guy named Kenny Linder came up from inside, in the final turn. He clipped his bumper and put him into the wall at 120. I watched my dad burn to death. I remembered hearing him scream. But the people that were there said he had died before the tanks blew. They said it was me who was screaming." Dom walks around the car. "I saw Linder about a week later. I had a wrench, and I hit him. And I didn't intend to keep hitting him, but when I finished, I couldn't lift my arm." Brian sits down as he takes in all the information. "He's a janitor at a high school. He has to take the bus to work every day. And they banned me from the tracks for life." Dylan gives Dom a hug before holding onto his arm. "I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm free." Dylan nods in agreement as Dom looks down at her with a smile. After that they left the garage. Brian takes Mia on the date while the team hijacks another truck.

"So, how is it, anyways, that the gang came to be?" Brian asks Mia while they are on their date.
"What?" Mia asks him confused.
"The gang?" Brian asks unsure.
"The gang? No, they don't call themselves a gang," Mia says with a laugh.
"What do they call themselves?" Brian asks trying to get any information out of her.
"They're a team. They call themselves a team," Mia says with a giggle.