Chapter 1

WELCOME FELLOW GAYS N THEYS... please take your seats ;) tehe

Blair had still not arrived and i am going to be late for the first day of senior year. I always do know how to make a killer first impression — Fantastic.

I get up from my laptop and go to stand on the front porch to escape my dad's company, strongly regretting doing so without a jacket to keep my arms warm.

It's September and im supposed to be cursing at the merciless sun and getting bad sun burn. Instead it is 2° and i had to determine whether or not to bring an umbrella today. (i didn't because i refuse to drag that thing around for six hours.)

I wear a thin grey sweater tucked into my black skirt along with my best platform docs. Walking home in these when i live on the other side of town is going to be living hell. I am going to strangle Blair.

I don't usually bother with glamming myself up before school, but i decided I'd make some sort of effort seeming as it's the first day back, and you never know when you're going to bump into a pretty girl right?

It worked. I only look partially homeless.

"Lyn come back inside, you'll catch death out there and i don't have time to babysit you." My dad shouted from the front door.

"Im fine dad, really" i yell back.
"Blair said she will be here in five and im really not cold."

Actually I am freezing my tits off and the warm invitation to my house seems like paradise right now.

Oh and Blair hasn't actually seen a single one of messages telling her im going to kick her ass at school. Which i will absolutely make sure to do.

I exhale hopelessly looking at my phone again to see if she's responded.

She hasn't and there are ten minutes left to get to school. Looks like im walking today.

I drag my feet reluctantly down my street keeping an eye out for Blairs barely functioning Toyota, hoping she'll at least be in for classes. I'm going to cry if i have to spend the whole day alone. What a loser. I hate school and you know the only person who hates school more than me? Bair. I need this bitch.

I shuffle around a few minutes longer until i finally decide to move my ass and at least think about getting to school. The air is becoming warmer but it still doesn't feel like the summer i was promised. Climate change is a bitch huh.

I run my fingertips along the wall as i walk, feeling the bumps and crevices it creates when i look up to see Blair car appearing in the distance.

"Finally!"

I glance behind me realising i could have only walked 50 steps at most. Whatever, she's still late and im unforgiving.

When she slows down i simply stare at her from the window, my expression neutral.

She looks back at me with an amused glare, a trace of challenge on her full lips. I try not to think about what i look like, which perfectly presents a student that has gotten caught in a storm on the way to school. I admit i would look pretty hilarious..

She's still a bitch.

So what do i do? I carry on walking up the road indifferently. Fuck her and her decomposing car.

I can feel her amused stare on my back but I don't look around. I listen for her engine which she doesn't bother to start up, knowing i would stop around the corner for her anyway. To hell with revenge, i refuse to walk in this weather any further than that, Dad's right, i would catch death out here.

My phone rings and i answer already knowing who it will be.

"Lyn"

"Blair" i say mimicking her tone.

"i didnt think you'd answer, figured you were enjoying your morning walk too much" she mocks, laughing through the phone.

"Ha-ha" i reply rolling my eyes even though i know she can't actually see it.

"You're not funny you know, it's fucking freezing and people are looking at me" i shout down the phone, earning a disapproving look from a mum that had just heard me swearing in front of her child.

"Well that is pretty funny—"she sniggers.

I hang up.

After a few short minutes Blair pulls around the corner, shamelessly laughing at me with no attempt to hide it.

Defeated i open the car door, instantly getting a shock of loud music. Hmm arctic monkeys.. Had this been any other day and i would have welcomed this music choice. Not today.

"Shut up."is all i say as i get into the car, turning the radio off and slamming the door with more force than necessary. She is still laughing whilst eating what i assume is her late breakfast. Let's see how long she'll laugh now.

"Im not buying you lunch today Blair"i smirk.

As suspected she stops laughing now and I try my best to hide my smile whilst keeping my eyes on the road. Im not even the one driving but God knows what would happen if i wasn't watching over her 24/7. Don't get me wrong, we are both utterly irresponsible and unable to act our age.

But Blair is the kind of person to forget her own name.

This idiot is my best friend.

...

Thank you so much for reading
Scroll for chapter 2!
:))