Chapter 3

I am seated right in the back of the classroom, the trusty seat that promises i won't get picked on by the teacher.

I sink into my chair.

"Please let this 50 minutes fly by."i mutter under my breath, streching my legs out in the very little space i have. The ultimate downside of the backseat.

Worth it? Absolutely.

I hear a little chuckle beside me making me turn my head rather abruptly.

Ouch.Too much movement for a Monday morning. I pretty much drag myself around at this point.

"Drama isn't my best subject either."the girl says quietly now facing me.

"Yeah?"i smile. "What is?"

If i was going to sit here for another 50 minutes i may aswell try to small talk. Well it's actually 15 minutes, have i mentioned im late?

"Hm i quite like gym."she says, making me spit my water out. "Why!?" i say a little too loudly, which makes a few irritated heads turn around. "Sorry sorry"i mutter, receiving another chuckle from the girl next to me.

You know I ought to know her name seeming as she's sat their for the past 2 years. She's pretty, really pretty. The type that you'd find on the cheerleading team in the movies. Blonde hair blue eyes? You know how it goes. Wonder why she's taking drama with the rest of us peasants.

"You?"

"Hm what?"i say confused, God dammit i had to stop doing that.

"Favourite subject?"she repeats also looking a little lost.

"Oh right."
So much for small talk, i can't even keep up with one conversation.

"None, they're all fucked." i say giving her my sweetest smile. That got another laugh out of her.

"I can't blame you Lyndon." she says chuckling, making me feel guilty for not remembering her name. I just smile and look down at my desk.

Im tired. So tired. I must have got 3 hours maximum of sleep last night. Its not like I was out at a party like all the other girls in my year. I was home - as usual. It gets a little lonely at home on my own with my dad working late. Did i mention he's the sherrif? And im his shitty 18 year old daughter. I feel like i disappoint him sometimes, i try not to. I don't want to.

I sigh under my breath catching miss "i hear everything's" attention, aka the girl I don't know the name off and feel to bad to ask.

"You good Lyndon?" she says a little worried.

"Yeah, just can't wait for this lesson to be over hey."

"Ugh same." she replies looking more assured now.

I smile back hearing the bell go. Thank the heavens above!! I sing this time in my head so i don't end up in an awkward situation again.

                                 • • •

I can't wait to find Blair, i swear to God if i have to sit another boring lesson without her to keep me company im going to die. I really can't go without her, she's my best friend. We have known each other since we were just eight years old, we met at a camp and she defended me when some boys were calling me names. She practically claimed me right? Well she's stuck with me now.

Speaking off Blair, where the hell is she? She isn't at our usual meeting spot near the waterfountains. Instead i am unfortunately welcomed by a bunch off kids that smell off cigarettes. Nope not my crowd. I smile awkwardly and get the fuck out of there.

Comon seriously, first she gets us late and now she isn't showing up. Im too lazy to walk around looking for her so instead i just slump down outside an empty classroom and scribble at the back off my hand. Im halfway through drawing a wonky star when i hear a voice in front of me.

"You smell of cigarettes."

I look up to see no other than same teacher that gave me detention from before. Ugh not this bitch again, why does the world hate me so much.

"Not mine, some other kids." i say lazily, looking back at my hands.

"Who." she questions.

Bitch. Doesn't she have something else to do other than trying to drag other poor students into detention with her?

"Don't know, i dont snitch." i say shrugging.

"Hm, loyal." she replies.

"Maybe so." i say finally looking up at her.

She has such a pretty face im afraid I'll forget how to breathe if i don't look away. Too bad she's a total bitch, if she wasn't then maybe detention with her wouldn't be such a bad thing. But it's just my luck that i have detention with literal Satan.

The bell rings for next lesson and i just sit there. I have no will to move. Im tired and today has been awful.

I only sit there for a few more seconds realising I should probably go else I'll be late. Again.

Okay in 3. 2. 1.

I drag myself off the floor.

A load of students start filling up the classrooms around me and i realise i haven't even checked which room my next lesson is I'm.

Miss Bitch still hasn't moved and i wonder why she hasn't left to teach her next class. Poor them whoever they are.

I grab the piece of paper i had scrunched into a ball  and put in my bag earlier, my timetable. I'm halfway through un-scrunching it when i hear her voice again.

"Aren't you coming in?" she says plainly.

"Huh." i reply confused, looking at her this time. She inclines her head towards the door that students are walking into.

The one i was sitting besides.

Room 37.

NOTE: I KNOW THESE ARE VERY SHORT CHAPTERS SO FROM CHAPTER FOUR IM GOING TO MAKE THEM A LOT LONGER

hope you've enjoyed so far!!!