Chapter 8 pt 2

"Everything's ready!" Marshall wiped his sweat. "You know, despite how hot the weather was, if we do the job together we won't have to feel the heat that much!"

"Well, you had a point there. I realized I sweat a lot, but I didn't complain at all!" Rubble agreed. "Compared when we stay at the Lookout and did nothing."

"It's always like that, Rubble, Marshall. Whenever we do things we like, and with our team, usually we don't realize how long the time has skipped." Ryder explained and sat down. "C'mon, pups. Let's go eat, it's getting noon already. After that, we can play at the beach."

"Hey, I didn't expect meeting you guys here!" A voice surprised the Paw Patrol.

"Oh, hey Katie! How's it going?" Zuma greeted the woman who approached them. Turned out it was Katie with her cat, Cali.

"Well, I was about to have a picnic by myself with Cali... but turns out I found you guys. Mind if I join?" Katie stroked Cali's head.

"Sure! The more the merrier! We're just about to start having lunch, anyway!" Ryder moved aside to give room for both Cali and Katie. "Wanna swap foods with us?"

"Yeah! I tried to make some strawberry pie. It's a homemade pie, but it's supposed to be good. You guys want some?" Katie pulled out a pie from her basket and sat down.

"Want!" Everyone looked enthusiastic with that offer.

Long short story, they enjoyed the lunch and traded foods. Sometimes the wave from the ocean touched their mat. Rocky was the one who was farthest from the shore, and Rubble was the closest one.

"Thanks for the meal!" Marshall finished his food and cleaned up his equipments.

"Sure, no problem. Hope you guys enjoyed the pie!" Katie nodded.

"We do! The pie was delicious!" Skye commented.

"Yep, it's crispy, and the strawberry is really tasty." Rocky added. "Delicious."

"If I can have another one, I'd love to eat it!" Rubble licked several strawberry jam from his nose, and everyone laughed.

"Man, Rubble always love to eat." Chase said jokingly.

"Glad to hear that you guys enjoyed it! Anyway, Ryder, how about if we join the beach volley game over there?" Katie pointed to a crowd. Turned out Captain Turbot, Mayor Goodway, and several people were playing volleyball.

"It's been a while since I had a game. Sure, I'm down!" Ryder stood up. "Guys, you wanna play?" Ryder offered the pups as well.

"Sure, count me in!" Rubble joined them. "Skye?"

"Well, I was planning to swim, but I guess I'll go with you guys. We'll let Chase, Marshall, Zuma, and Rocky have their own time!" Skye giggled, and she made the mentioned pups blushed when looked at each other.

"W-what did you say!?" Chase barked.

"It's fine actually! You guys stay here, or if you wanna play at the shore, go on. But be careful, okay?" Ryder laughed and left the four pups, along with Katie, Rubble, and Skye.

"So... what do you wanna do, guys?" Marshall asked.

"How about swimming?" Zuma offered.

In both Chase and Marshall's thought, they thought Rocky would decline Zuma's offer. But they were wrong.

"Yeah! Let's go swimming! I wanna try to swim sometimes!" Rocky panted in excitement.

"HEE!?" Chase and Marshall were surprised.

"Don't be suwpwised, guys! Wocky is slowly learning to fight his phobia!" Zuma grinned proudly.

"Y-you're serious about what were you saying, Rocky?" Chase tried to reassure himself.

"Yep, I'm serious! What are we waiting for?" Rocky held Zuma's paw and tried to drag him away, but Zuma stayed still.

"Hey, hey! Wait for their answers first, Wocky!" Zuma laughed. "So, is it a yes ow no?" He asked to Chase and Marshall.

"It's not that I don't want to, but it's been a while since the last time I swim around. Mind teaching us the basics once again, Zuma?" Chase rubbed his paws.

"Yeah, me too. The last time we swam was... when we fixed the water pipe. And then we enjoyed the pool, right?" Marshall scratched his neck.

"Sure! With my pleasuwe! But, you guys still remembew how to float, wight?" Zuma nodded.

"About that, we can do it. Slowly, though!" Marshall answered

"Alright, leggo!" Rocky tugged Zuma's paw harder this time, until Zuma got 'dragged'... literally.

"Wocky! You almost killed me!" Zuma complained.

"Sorry, dear! I'll go slow now." Rocky laughed embarrassingly and held Zuma's paw softly.

"Heh, they are always like that..." Chase shook his head, smiling.

"A hyper-calm pairing, how could it be?" Marshall laughed.

"How about us?" Chase teased.

"The serious and the clumsy." Marshall stuck his tongue out.

"I must've be the clumsy one." Chase giggled.

"Nah, that'd be a lie." Marshall also giggled.

"Whatever, Marshie." Chase smiled and walked to the shore with his brother.