Chapter 12: A Rough Christmas (Winter)

An accident caused Paw Patrol have to lose a member temporarily for several moments. Who is that member? Will they be able to celebrate Christmas without the seventh member?

"So, what's your plan, Ryder?" Chase asked.

"I'm gonna need Rubble to help me dig both Everest and Tracker. And you, Chase, please secure the area before Rubble starts working later." Ryder answered.

It was winter already, and Ryder along with Paw Patrol had been busy with another job. Jake and Everest was trapped under a heavy snow avalanche, but they were safe because they hid behind a big boulder. Sadly, they got stuck under a pile of snow.

"Let's dig in!" Rubble stepped forward.

"S-sure! Chase is on the case!" Chase also stepped forward.

"Everyone, please stand by at the Lookout in case I need your help. Alright, Paw Patrol is on the roll!" Ryder finished the meeting and went downstair, followed by both Rubble and Chase.

"Chase, you alright?" Rubble noticed Chase's behavior that was quite... unusual.

"Uhm, s-sure. I'm alright." Chase answered nervously.

"I doubt that. Your tone is really weird." Rubble frowned.

"Well, yep... I have a feeling that something bad will happen in this case..." Chase gulped.

"Oh, I see... I hope that won't happen, okay?" Rubble calmed Chase down.

"Yeah... I hope..."

At the ice mountain, they saw a big pile of snow.

"Ryder! If you guys saw a big pile of snow, that's where we are! But be careful, I heard there'll be another avalanche incoming in several minutes!" Everest reported from her tag.

"Sure, Everest! We saw you guys! Hang on, we're coming!" Ryder accelerated his ATV.

After finding a spot to park safely, they climbed down the hill carefully.

"Wait a moment! Rubble will get you two out!" Ryder yelled.

"Ryder! Lower your voice, dude! You might trigger another avalanche!" Jake was half-screaming.

"Oh, sorry. Anyway, what avalanche was that? What happened that you two got stuck under this... thick and hard snow pile?" Ryder knocked the pile slowly.

"I forgot that the weather cast said that today will be bad for snowboarding. Both me and Everest were going down, but then we just remembered when the avalanche happened. Luckily we can evade the avalanche under this rock, hehe." Jake told the events.

"Safety cones has been deployed, Ryder sir!" Chase put the last safety cone around that pile.

"Thank you, Chase! Stay with me, here. Now, Rubble, dig the pile carefully." Ryder ordered Rubble to start digging.

"Woof! Shovel!" Rubble pulled out a shovel from his backpack and started digging.

"Alright, this should be enough! Get out, guys!" Rubble dug a small hole next to the pile, but the hole was big enough for both Jake and Everest.