Chapter Six

~Puck~

Day Three:

It was February, and Sabrina and I were in eighth grade. Henry and Veronica had a last-minute work trip they had to go on, so of course, Sabrina, Daphne, and Basil had been dropped off to stay at Granny's for the week. Sabrina and I texted and called almost every day, but it was still more fun to see her in person. She and Daph would come upon random weekends, to see everyone. I missed those days when I knew she looked forward to visiting me. I saw her twice a year now if I was lucky.

"Puck?" I heard a knock on my door.

I was half-asleep in my bed, but I immediately got up at the sound of Sabrina's voice. I smiled as I opened the door. There she was. The beautiful Sabrina Grimm. She had on one of my old t-shirts and a pair of blue plaid pajama pants. Sabrina was known for her collection of pajama pants. Without asking, she walked into my room and towards my bed. It was okay though. I would let that girl walk into my room unannounced any day.

"Who invited you?" I asked, jokingly.

"I invited myself." She smiled, as she crawled under the thick blue covers.

I slipped in next to her and she laid her head on my shoulder. I awkwardly slipped my arm around her, not wanting to screw up the moment. I always got nervous around Sabrina. I had been alive for more than four thousand years, and no girl had ever made me feel the way Sabrina did. I couldn't tell if I hated it or if I loved it. Maybe it was a little bit of both.

"I can't believe they let you guys miss an entire week of school to come up here," I said.

"Well, we didn't really have a choice. You guys are lucky you get a break this week." She responded. "Not that you would go to school anyway."

"Hey," I laughed. "I got a 'perfect attendance award last year!",

Sabrina rolled her eyes. "That's impossible, fairy-boy.

"Nothing's impossible in Ferryport Landing." I winked.

"True..." She murmured.

"But, you're right. I can't get to class on time to save my life." I laughed.

"I knew it." She lightly punched my arm.

"I don't even know why everyone wants me to go to school. They all say it's because I'll need a job in the future, but I'm an EverAfter, I'll never need a job. I survived for four thousand years without a job."

Sabrina turned and looked at me.

"It's because you looked like you were twelve. And twelve-year-olds don't need jobs. But you're growing up, Puck."

We were both silent for a minute, and she laid her head on my chest.

"I know," I whispered.

Her breathing grew steady and I ran my hand through her hair. I saw her almost every other weekend, but I still missed her. I wished she hadn't moved away, but I think she was happier.

"I love you, Grimm," I said.

She adjusted her head, and I worried I had woken her up. But maybe she had never gone to sleep because she lifted her head and stared into my eyes.

"I love you more." She grinned.

But here we were, about two years later. But, I knew Sabrina would rather die than ever say those words to me again. I wondered if it would ever be the same. And I wished I could blame Sabrina for the whole thing. But, I couldn't. 'Sabrina' had sent that stupid text, and I believed that it was her. I was the Trickster King. I was supposed to annoy her, not ignore her for half a year. I didn't know how I hadn't seen through the fake message. But, I did know that for now, everything between us was ruined.