Chapter Ten

~Puck~

Day Six:

The next night...

"Daphne, did you use my makeup?" I heard Sabrina yell, from down the hall.

She must have gotten up to use the bathroom during the movie. It was around nine, and I had been in the living room with Sabrina and Red, but when they suggested we watch High School Musical, I had quickly made my escape. Pinocchio was mumbling in his sleep beneath me. He must have been tired to fall asleep this early.

"Daphne!" Sabrina yelled again.

I wondered how Pinocchio hadn't woken up.

"Puck!" She yelled, standing in the doorway.

"What?" I groaned, before quickly fixing my tone.

"Do you know where Daph is?"

I shook my head and watched as Sabrina cautiously walked into the room. She bent down and checked underneath our bunk-bed. She checked behind the potted plant and inside the closet.

"She's not in here," I told her.

"She's not in my room either."

"You should check Red's, she probably went in there to snoop around and fell asleep."

I climbed down the ladder and followed her down the hallway. Red's door was shut. Sabrina opened it slowly and we both peered inside. It was spotless, as usual. Red was a neat freak and was constantly getting on me about my messy room at Granny's.

"Puck, Daphne is clearly not in here," Sabria said, sounding disappointed.

"Well, maybe she went up in the loft and fell asleep," I suggested, hoping to cheer her up.

"You're a genius!" Sabrina exclaimed.

"I know," I smirked.

She swatted my arm and we both walked back out of the bedroom.

"Red!" Sabrina yelled. "Climb up to the loft and see if Daphne's up there."

I listened to her feet hitting the rungs as she clambered up the ladder.

"She's not up here," Red called back, almost immediately.

I watched Sabrina's face fall and searched my brain. If I was Daphne, where would I be?

"Maybe, she walked to the corner store to get a snack and got lost." I shrugged.

"She doesn't have any money." Sabrina shot down the idea. "And she knows not to go out wandering in the dark. Besides, she's too afraid of goblins, even if she won't admit it."

I let out a small chuckle, and Sabrina giggled, but underneath, I could tell she was worried.

"Maybe she got kidnapped!" Sabrina gasped. "I need to call her, right now."

I watched her type Daphne's number into her phone. Her face grew paler and paler with each empty ring. After the longest fifteen seconds of my life, her voicemail started playing.

"Hello, you have reached the voicemail of Daphne Delilah Grimm. But, you might also know me as Marshmallow, which means your name is Puck. If this is Puck, hang up. I didn't answer because I'm probably not talking to you, because you played a mean prank on me. If it's anyone else, just call back later, I'm just busy."

Normally, I would have laughed at her voicemail, but right now, I had a pit in my stomach.

"Maybe she'll answer me on Snapchat," Sabrina said.