d.w. ~ one hook up

Tulsa, Oklahoma. Bucks ~ Park.
Monday, 1965.
01:02 a.m.

•••

"Ow! What was that for?!" Dallas shouts at me right after I almost knocked him out. "For beating the guy I was fucking, right there when we were doing it. What's been up with you?" I said, shaking off the slight pain from my hand.

I think the problem between me and Dallas is that were too similar. We're so similar, if we date, it'll only last 3 seconds. We're both tuff greasers and both live at Buck Merrils place. Buck is my cousin anyhow and he knows I've got a tough life back at home. I met Dallas when Buck threw a party and we bumped into each other when we got out of our rooms at the same time. We ended up hooking up and he thought I would be all over him after that. I knew from the start he was those douchebags who hooks up with random broads and then just ditching them. I can't really blame him, I do that myself. I've got a line of guys waiting for me.

"You shouldn't be fucking him! He's a Soc He's no good!" He yells. "And most of your broads were Socs too." I reply. He stammers and I grab his collar. "Don't fucking mess with whoever I fuck. I can get a fuck whenever and with whoever I want." I whispered to him, then let him go. He wipes the blood dripping from his nose.

"Now go fuck yourself, pussy." I said. He then left and runs out of the party.

Buck walks up to me. "What did you do?" He asked. "Somethings up with that boy. He just can't stop messing with my life when we had a deal already." I said, putting my palm on my forehead. "Jesus Y/n, isn't it obvious?" "That he's a dick? Yeah." I scoff. "He likes you, damnit. He always seems to talk about you to me and the way he talks, I've never heard him talk about a girl that way before." He said. I look at him dead in the eyes.

"You've got to be shitting me, right?" I said. Buck shook his head, "I think you should go find him." He said and walks back to the counter. "Stupid boy." I said as I ran out of Bucks to look for Dallas.

•••

"Yes I am in love with you, damnit. It drives me insane and it hurts to hear you moaning right nextdoor when I'm thinking about you." He said. The rain poured a bit hard so he had to shout a little. I was speechless, he doesn't normally say the word 'love'. I didn't know what to do or say. I kept stuttering until Dallas shut me up with a kiss.

We pull away. Our bodies and clothes were soaked from the rain. "I guess you do have a soft spot huh?" I said. We both laughed, "Is it really a good idea for us to be together?" "Well do you feel the same way?" He asked. "Well, now that you admitted your feelings, I started feeling the same way I guess. With the kiss and all..." I said as he smiles.

"I think we should get back to Bucks, it's starting to be a thunderstorm." Dallas shouts through the sound of the thunder. I nodded as we both ran back to Bucks.