p.c. ~ remains

Tulsa, Oklahoma. Curtis' House.
Friday, 1968
08:19 a.m.

•••
• Ponyboys POV •

"I need to get some fresh air." I said, standing up.

"Are you okay?" Trinity asked. "Uh yeah, just... Give me a minute." I said. I left her house and took a walk. Deep inside, I actually like Trinity. Hell, I love her. She's the only girl I've really loved since my last lover.

Before Trinity, I had an amazing, committed, loving relationship...

I went to the park. It was dark and late. I sat on the grass, lighting up a cancer stick.

I looked around, no one was around, barely a noise but the sound of crickets.

I miss Y/n. A lot.

I've been seeing hallucinations of her. Usually when I'm alone.

She passed away a few years back. In the same year Johnny and Dally died and ever since then, I've been doing many bad things but I met Trinity and she was the only girl I trusted and truly loved after Y/n.

"I know you could never hurt anyone, Pone." I heard. It was Y/n's voice.

I then saw her, standing there in front of me.

"Thought you quit smoking." I heard her say. "Ehh, It's just to keep me warm." I said. To see her giggle and smile again made me feel so happy and safe.

"To keep warm huh?"

T

hen I felt her arms around me, brushing her fingers through my hair.

"After all this time..." I said. "I know."

"Our love still remains." She whispers.

I open my eyes and she was gone. I took another hit and threw away the smoke. I went back to Trinity's. I open the door.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked. "Uh yeah. Yeah, I'm good." I replied, sitting next to her with my elbows on my knees and my hands interlocking each other. She runs her fingers through my hair, laying her head on my shoulder.

"I think you should go get some rest. You feel kinda hot." She said, putting her palm on my forehead.

I took her hand and kissed it. I smiled, "Can I stay for the night?" I asked. She smiled, "Of course. Go shower, I'll give you some medicine so you don't get sick in the morning." She said.

"I love it when you take care of me." I said as she stands up.

"And I'd love it if you go get cleaned up. You're not sleeping with me if you're dirty." She said.

•••

This story was inspired by the video above.